World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm currently using spiderwire code red on both my 7000cs, I kinda fancy trying some of the Berkley whiplash braids next...would you suggest sticking with the 0.40mm diameter or could I use a smaller diameter and still avoid bedding? Would be grateful for all your suggestions :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Any thinner than 0.40, there will be a risk of "loose coil" line trap between the spool and frame.
All my 7000's have a similar tolerance, and 0.37mm (mono) seems to be their usable limit. I'd be reluctant to use anything finer anyway, as they do take some filling!

Braid diameters can vary though from the maker's claims.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any thinner than 0.40, there will be a risk of "loose coil" line trap between the spool and frame.
All my 7000's have a similar tolerance, and 0.37mm (mono) seems to be their usable limit. I'd be reluctant to use anything finer anyway, as they do take some filling!

Braid diameters can vary though from the maker's claims.
Atw aye that makes sense to me and I'm already using 0.40 code red and I really don't think I need to be going upto 200lb in Berkeley to get the 0.40 diameter. I would be scared I pulled the plug out and drain the sea! Lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts