World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
1,935 Posts
You can buy Whiplash off ebay for £17 a go mate. Sometimes in the auctions you can get it cheaper as i got a 300m spool of 20lb a few weeks back sent for only £13.50. If you are getting wind knots whilst casting (is this for spinning?) try filling the spool 2-3mm under the lip and putting the bale arm over the reel manually (if you use a fixed spool). I use Whiplash alot and its probably my favourite braid, i used to have similar problems with wind knots, but since doing that i found it has helped reduce them to almost zero.

· Registered
809 Posts
Whats it like for diameter and price?
whiplash is supposed to be .10 and the dynon .18, however the dynon appears to be thinner to me ?? it is also less prone going flat and twisting. I found this to be problem with 30 lb whiplash to the extent that after a while it caught more tide and wind than .35mm mono !!
I have just recieved the 8lb red power pro that I ordered and It looks and feels superb !! I would like to try some of that in 20 or 30 lb for beach fishing, it will have to wait for now as I already spend too much on tackle and lines !!

· Registered
5,396 Posts
I quite like Climax braid, not so easy to get hold of but cheap and cheerful.

One thing to watch out for, well that i found anyway if using a mono shock is to trim 6 inches of braid and retie each session. Something to do with the braid - mono difference in flexability, but it feathered 2-3 inches from the leader knot after a session or two, lost a good fish and now always retie. Spiderwire yellow in 20lb did the same so I doubt its a brand thing.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
I find the best way to tie braid to mono is to tie a 30 twist bimi-twist loop in the braid and then tie the mono on using the albright style knot using six twists up and 3 twists down. I find that if you tie two four turn uni knots or a 16 turn albright knot that the braiud cuts into the mono and actually cut clean through it.

· Registered
5,396 Posts
I find the best way to tie braid to mono is to tie a 30 twist bimi-twist loop in the braid and then tie the mono on using the albright style knot using six twists up and 3 twists down. I find that if you tie two four turn uni knots or a 16 turn albright knot that the braiud cuts into the mono and actually cut clean through it.
I dont drink very often but fancied a few ciders while gardening, having read my post it made as much sense as a chocolate poker ! LOL Now edited.

On thinner diameter braids I double the braid and that has proved successful as well to prevent it slicing through the mono, avoid tapered shocks IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.