World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Berryhead fishing advice

799 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr Fish 
#1 ·
Hi guys just got a pass to drive down to Berryhead Brixham but never fished it can I get any advice/tips on fishing that spot please? not sure if it will be day or night time yet I take it nights are best??

any advice be cool :)

#4 ·
Hi,

Berryhead is a OK fishing place if you just want to be catching Mackerel. You can catch Mackerel anywhere along the head and you don't need to cast too far.
You can catch some Pollock but they tend not to be very big. If you what to catch Pollock go right down to the bottom ledge. Berryhead was the first place i went
fishing and i liked it down there but now i have got into fishing i just find it boring and i would say it would be a waste of time unless you what to catch Mackerel. At
the moment there is a few Mackerel being caught and some small Pollock. It is not as good as it use to be down there when we first started fishing there.
Good luck if you do try down there and let me know how you get on.

All the best

Dan:victory:

#5 ·
went down 3 days ago and caught 3 macky on the feathers but it was low tide and quite rough but nice place just to sit and watch the sea my problem is I cant walk very far with lot of tackle so it does suit me there as I can driver more or less right next to the edge :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.