World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the site but have been fishing here around Aberdeen for many years, mainly Peterhead and the rock marks. I'm planing a trip to Bervie beach for the first time and would be glad of any advice for this venue.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Bervie is a steeply shelving pebble beach. It has a lot of rock to the right, and can be snaggy in various places. It can also be plagued by weed in certain conditions. It is probably one of the safest places to fish in the area as nearly everything else in the area is a rock mark. It is very accessable as there is a large car park in front of the beach. Try the following link as well.

http://www.silver-city-angling.com/pages/localinfo/places/inverbervie.htm

It should really be fished during or just after strong easterlies when the sea is very coloured and a good swell is running. Nice days do not produce much fish here. Usual cod baits and rough ground tactics that you would use on your rock marks.

If you do not think much of Bervie on the day, Gourdon is very close as a substitute.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Cat said:
Hi all, new to the site but have been fishing here around Aberdeen for many years, mainly Peterhead and the rock marks. I'm planing a trip to Bervie beach for the first time and would be glad of any advice for this venue.
mostly a waste of time conditions have to be right .but is safe

·
Registered
671 Posts
Not much happening at Bervie lately, fishes best the day after a good easterly, I would recommend the rocks at Uisan just south of Montrose light house although to be honest although a few fish have been taken its not been the best of seasons, and as mentioned by some of the other lads Arbroath.
Good luck though, let us know how you go. ( I`m from Montrose myself)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts