World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright folks, taking the wee man down to haggerston at the weekend. taking some light gear (no room for the big boys!) anyone know how the breakwater at berwick on tweed fishes? any other easy marks around this area? climbing down cliffs and fishing heavy ground are out! cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Get yourself some sandeel or Mackerel belly strip and take your light gear to Goswick beach which is only a couple of miles from Hagerston and fish close to the ship wrecks clearly visible at low tide and you will be in with a good chance of
plenty flounder with the odd decent turbot for good measure. The 1st 2 hours of the flood will be best. Spring tides fish much better than neaps so avoid the smaller tides if you can. If the sea is calm then the Turbot will be a obliging and if there is some sea on then Bass are a possibilty but the light gear could be a problem as it weeds up with some sea on. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi Alan,

I had a look on multimap for Goswick sands...found it easy enough :) where do you park up ? do you drive down to Beachcomber Ho and park or do you head further south ? I fancy giving it a go as Turbot are on me speices list.

any info would me much apreciated

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers Alan. don't have time to get sandeels before i go so hopefully the tackle shop in Berwick will have some. if not, mackerel will have to do. crab any good? cheers. baz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

Baz crabs not much good for the turbot but will sort out the flounder and maybe a bass. The Turbot seem to like either sandeel or Mackeral belly strip which I suppose looks like a sandeel in the tide.

John Park at cottage on left about 200 yards before the Beachcomber campsite and go through gate to the beach and keep walking till you get to the sea which is a long way at low tide. Alternately when you reach the Goswick golf club go straight on and park up at fence next to path and walk 100 yards to beach and pick any feature on the beach (there are a few gulleys etc) and fish here, its not so much of a walk to the low tide mark here.

Alan.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What is it like fishing for Cod off Berwick Breakwater , Autumn / Winter Ive never fished there but it looks canny , any info would be appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts