World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Has anyone fished from Berwick Upon Tweed, near the golf course? There is what appears to be an old breaker/wall that juts out to sea for about 100 yards or so down near the short beach/cove at the back of the Berwick caravan park. Have seen people fish there, mainly kids though. The ground looks rocky but may not be so from the short beach. Or maybe elsewhere in Berwick is better advised? Any info or tips appreciated as inlaws have a place that way. P.R man

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Just to the North is another small bay, where you will find steps down to the beach, at low tide the rocky skeers go out a fair old way, at the end of them it's very kelpy and during flat calm seas in the summer you can catch some nice red cod and wrasse on peeler crab bait, just make sure your gear is up to the job!

I have tried fishing on the pier but have had no success, personnally I would drive the couple of miles to the Eyemouth area for some rock fishing. Get a hold of the Codling Crouch by David Stores who is a member of this site (Stores) this book will give you some ideas of where to fish.

If you just want to relax and catch flatties, the sandy beaches to the South of Berwick are a good option or try the harbour at Eyemouth.:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers J.V
How does hermit crab fish here and Black Lug as I know both are present or local. Anything doing in the winter months also? P.R man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts