World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am going near berwick next week with the family my beachcaster banned from hols but can any one help me out if there is any spinning or float fishing to be had near berwick or sourounding areas any help welcome codhunter ps i have to buy a travel beachcaster

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
Sorry I did not pick up on your posting earlier as I have been offline for a bit. Hope you are not allready away on your hols. I live only a few miles from Berwick
so fish there a lot. A bit of a handycap only having a spinning rod with you bit not a complete disaster. I assume you are staying at Berwick holiday park which is near the coast and close to some marks you could try. The needles eye is a good mark for spinning with deep water close in and a chance of a pollack, try redgills or heavy abu Koster lures or similar. Most of the other marks are shallow and kelpy but ideal for float fishing tactics with peeler for red codling but the spinning gear may not be up to the job with heavy tackle losses in the dense kelp forests.
Much better spinning can be had a few miles further North at Eyemouth if you have transport.
Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi alan thanks for the info where is the needels eye sounds like what i looking for is there a fishing shop there it is haggision castle i am going to is it worth talking a beachcaster down that way how far up is eyemouth from berwick i do have a car if u had the time we can meet up for a fish if u want i am going down on monday to friday tam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts