World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Billy222

I've used squid, mackerel, sandeel and even earthworm to tip lugworm. I tip lug just so it does not explode when i cast nothing worse than doing a good cast and seing yr lug go the other way

Woodster

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
So far ive found cockle to work really well for me m8

·
Registered
63 Posts
So called tipping off is just another fad. If you have a good bait, why confuse the issue with another bait? It doesn't happen in nature does it? A fish won't come accross a squid with a lugworm in it's mouth! It's all airy fairy stuff, just people trying to convince themselves that they will catch more.
They don't want to face the fact that there are hardly any fish left.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
kentangler said:
So called tipping off is just another fad. If you have a good bait, why confuse the issue with another bait? It doesn't happen in nature does it? A fish won't come accross a squid with a lugworm in it's mouth! It's all airy fairy stuff, just people trying to convince themselves that they will catch more.
They don't want to face the fact that there are hardly any fish left.

Ermmm....Kent m8,

Billy was only wanting to know what people use to tip of there Lug baits, as in, various things people use to stop the Lugs flying off when you cast them, cant for the life of me see what this has to do with fish being scarce :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
767 Posts
apols kentangler but i have to agree with bigdunny on this one, i was under the impression that the forum was here to help, educate and share vital knowledge gained through years of experience, not just to air disheartening views. we need to encourage new users and existing ones to post questions for discussion.

no offence at all intended.

thanx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ooops! Just making the point that in the 'old days', a single good bait was all that was needed. Now, because fish are harder to find, it probably won't make any difference juggling with more than one bait on the hook. I have never found that 'tipping off'. or so called 'cocktails', make any difference at all.
Think I will keep my head down for a bit !

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
has no else ever been out and found that by tipping off lug with macky they doubled their bites? compared to using these baits alone, could just be me though.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
on the boat
lug/mussel or lug/squid up here
then again just plain lug, mussel or stinking squid
when shore fishing i use a 2 hook rig so i put 1 bait on each hook

1 - 10 of 10 Posts