World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
What's your opinions on the best bait and rigs for bass? Lug, Squid, crab or sand eel.

where you wanting to fish for them glen ?????

have caught them on all the above and macky, sprats and plugs and spinners

rig i use the most is a simple clip down or pulley have a look in the bait and tackle section blue bar at the top matey

tightlines.........................daz

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
depends where you are fishing from:

from the beach its lug on a long up and over

from estuarys its a running ledger with peelers easily being the top bait

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just got 2 today on black lug with pulley rig from beach
Which beach crabs? Let us in on the mark please, promise not to tell anybody who doesn't read this post :secret:

Just read your thread.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
baits crab,lug, ragworm. squid and sandeel are a waste of time round here for bass.
:) you want to try em round here , their as good if not better than owt else, just dont put too much lacky on em or else you'l get the bite but no fish :secret:
cuberd

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
i think we are missing the most important factor, bass can be caught on a variety of baits but tactics are also important, ---- stealth and guile are the main factors.
if you know a good bass mark, keep a low profile, coceal yourself, then make a noise like a prawn or a sprat, --- this will bring the bass to your location.
use a multi-snood rig with a vast array of baits hoping that you do,nt confuse your quarry. if this does,nt bring results, either go flattie bashing or take up greek dancing lessons.
in the event that you are fishing a mark with no concealment, when you approach it, walk sideways, this may trick the fish into thinking you are a peeler crab

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
use an up and over with either sandeel or lug on a 2.0s kamsan aberdeen, your snood length can be as long as you like , iv'e caught em on snoods of 7ft long and on snoods of 6 inches,
to be honest , no one realy knows how to select a bass out of the sea , its just pot luck i'me afraid , but you can increase your chances by fishing the areas they frequent , like the edge of groynes , deep gullys , or even on top of the sand banks
cuberd

·
Registered
276 Posts
in the event that you are fishing a mark with no concealment, when you approach it, walk sideways, this may trick the fish into thinking you are a peeler crab
........so that' why you are to be seen staggering down Stramongate sideways after the pubs shut .............. you are trying to catch a bass!!!!:unsure:

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
........so that' why you are to be seen staggering down Stramongate sideways after the pubs shut .............. you are trying to catch a bass!!!!:unsure:
aye them were the days arled lad , not allowed now, her in doors reckons i,m daft enough without the wobbly - leg - juice:nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
i think we are missing the most important factor, bass can be caught on a variety of baits but tactics are also important, ---- stealth and guile are the main factors.
if you know a good bass mark, keep a low profile, coceal yourself, then make a noise like a prawn or a sprat, --- this will bring the bass to your location.
use a multi-snood rig with a vast array of baits hoping that you do,nt confuse your quarry. if this does,nt bring results, either go flattie bashing or take up greek dancing lessons.
make a noise like a prawn or sprat.

whey not combine them and look like a ... prat

1 - 20 of 20 Posts