World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was not the best day to be out and about plugging. Thirty mile an hour winds and heavy rain when we set out about two o'clock, which set the theme until we jacked it in about seven.

The wind was bringing a lot of weed ashore so we ended up walking a good step to find a bit of shelter. Once settled in the apprentice soon had a schoolie, that was to be his only fish of the day.
I worked hard to catch a four pounder and a couple of very small schoolies, one of which I ended up knocking on the head.
It had taken the whole plug in it's mouth with the tail end treble damaging it's gills badly.

This evening with the wind having abated somewhat and swung around to the west, I was on the beach fishing at 18:30, a lot of weed had been brought in yesterday, but I found a good enough spot to fish from.

First cast a schoolie, I hate that as it usually spells doom, but not tonight at all. I lost count after an hour and a halfs continual catching shoolies about two and a half pounds.

I decided to walk back and have a cast or two every fifty or so yards, this produced a reasonable fish. As i got to the gate were I leave the beach, it was getting a bit dark and the last cast of the night produced this fish.

As soon as it hit the plug I knew it was a goodun as the clutch started to sing, joy to my ears. After a long fight I got her ashore to unhook her and get a photo. The quality of them aren't good as I was in a hurry to return her, and the wind kept blowing the tape measure.

It took a good five minutes of swimming her to get it revived enough to swim of strongly.
By the BASS tape it was a good seven and a half pounds, probably nearer eight if I had the time to measure it correctly.

The forecast for tomorrow isn't to bad either, so hopefully more of the same.

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Good man... nice report there.
Lovely fish on a plug mate
Lets hope they keep appearing in those numbers.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Nice fish, conditions not the best are they ? Been out tonight and managed to catch but it was a bit messy at point loads of weed.

Well done

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice fish, I caught it where I was talking to you last week. If you must persist "armchair" fishing LOL, you can do it there in comfort, bring plenty of cocoa and I might join you.

I reckon a big mackerel head and guts may just do the buisiness, best Bass I've seen caught from the shore was taken there in October was 12Lb 8oz

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Cracking fish John and well done for persevering with the weed.

A great reward for your hard work and fair play to you for returning the fish as well.

Excellent

Dougy

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Lovely bass! I'm going to tear the walls down soon if I don't get out for one of those beauties!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice fish, I caught it where I was talking to you last week. If you must persist "armchair" fishing LOL, you can do it there in comfort, bring plenty of cocoa and I might join you.

I reckon a big mackerel head and guts may just do the buisiness, best Bass I've seen caught from the shore was taken there in October was 12Lb 8oz
Well am off on monday so a wee sesh could be on the cards John.
The water must have cleared up a bit since we spoke last.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Monday day time is out for me sorry Matt, I've got a couple of jobs on.
I also have to be in town for 12:00, just sighned up with a dentist.
He insists that I undergo an initial check up.

I told him that I have only three of my own teeth left but...............:wallbash::wallbash: they must be paid on the amount of mouths they look in.

I'll keep an eye on the tides and give you a shout soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts