World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive found pkts of hooks jelly tails even disgarded bait
miles of line and used the lot
all in great condition but left behind for whatever reason ive even hauled in a line with full rig intact
but my best find has to be 4 tobys still in blister packs
whats your best find

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
a petzl headlamp, the dirty ****er didn't take any of his litter with him, so I did not tell him he had left his lamp among the litter as he walked off. It made reasonable payment for me for clearing up his crap.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a petzl headlamp, the dirty ****er didn't take any of his litter with him, so I did not tell him he had left his lamp among the litter as he walked off. It made reasonable payment for me for clearing up his crap.
thats cool , borderline theft but cool lol

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I found a sand spike at Parton, i still use it now as its very handy. Found plenty of rigs, mackerel feathers etc left on the rocks in the past. Off Steetly i hauled in several leaders, yards of line connected to 6 rigs with mostly 6 or 7 oz grippers on.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
"borderline theft"

me......m'lud, exhibit A had clearly been abandoned by its former owner. A most cursory glance around the debris he intended to leave for others to clear up would have been sufficient for him to notice said item and retrieve it, it had been abandoned as had the crisp packets, bait wrapping, drink bottles, rig packing, plastic bag and a left hand glove.. .... of course if prosecution could prove that he had left the pier merely to collect a bin bag to bag up his rubbish then he may have a case.....but he had not returned after three hours.
m'lud..... clearly the man is a chav, scrote and general ne'er do well;
case dismissed.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
"borderline theft"

me......m'lud, exhibit A had clearly been abandoned by its former owner. A most cursory glance around the debris he intended to leave for others to clear up would have been sufficient for him to notice said item and retrieve it, it had been abandoned as had the crisp packets, bait wrapping, drink bottles, rig packing, plastic bag and a left hand glove.. .... of course if prosecution could prove that he had left the pier merely to collect a bin bag to bag up his rubbish then he may have a case.....but he had not returned after three hours.
case dismissed.
I think i know him he was in such a rush to move to Essex before he realised he had left it behind,think he is somewere round Canvey now,still moaning.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
a nice, brand new wide necked stainless flask on a local pier. great for keeping my crab frozen.

i found a pair of scissors on a pier and used them for 4 years before i left them myself on another pier. a week later i saw a guy using them. i didnt want them as i had replaced them but he was adamant he,d had them for a year.:)

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
My biggest find was a Fully set up fishing rod. left it where it was sat, untill 6hrs later, no one came back for it. so im rod minding it for now. ;)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Not exactly tackle but handy for fishing. I found a Leatherman Wave whilst crabbing.

Also a complete anchor and 5 metres of chain, still had the barcode sticker on it, whoever lost it must have forgot to tie the rope to it.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Fly rod and Hardy fly reel.
Went to local police station - unmanned so left written message.
Phoned and left details at two other area police stations.
Put found ad in free ad local paper.
Never had a reply.
Oh well, could not give it away!

·
Banned
549 Posts
a 2 hook flapper at blackpool off the gynn complete with a 6oz griplead a dab AND a whiting!!!

tightlines
alan

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Walking out over half a mile to fish the tide in, noticed something quite large in the distance, when I reached it, found it was a boat laying upside down, righted it and instead of retreating before the tide, sat in the boat and fished all the way back to the high water mark. It was about 13 foot long and G.R.P clinker style. Anchored it at the high water, and had mate with boat go to tow it to nearest harbour, but by time he got there it was gone.
Second best find was on the beach at Felixstowe, a bottle of whisky.

·
Registered
464 Posts
"borderline theft"

case dismissed.
I move to re-open this case on the well founded grounds of "Two wrongs do not make a right". Case law Regina vs Moore. Barbecue removed, complete with gas cannister. Along with remains of said meal wrappers. Moore found guilty. Upheld on appeal.

What we have here is in effect two offences. Leaving litter in a public place (Level 4 fine, up to £5,000), and theft (The intent of PERMANENTLY depriving the owner of their lawful property). Both parties would be charged for the separate offences with little mitigation.

"Finders, keepers" have no place in common law. Interestingly, the "Litter bug" would be charged under a private council prosecution. The finder would get a criminal record (If guilty).:hammer:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
A chainsaw ! Honestly, I found a chainsaw about 7 years ago on a remote mark, wrapped in a carrier bag visable on low water off a rocky outcrop. Took a bit of tinkering to clean it up, but fired it up and swopped it for a rod and reel.

So if anyone knows of a terrible crime commited with a Sthil 14inch bar chainsaw in North Wales, I meerly collected and disposed of rubbish :g:

Was in good nick, my thoughts are some recently retired husbands new toy was disposed off by his irrate wife ! LOL

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
caught a bass on an angel kiss last year and in my excitement left it behind on the rocks... i was gutted... went back three days later and found my plug again.. it had been washed up a bit higher and was completely unharmed...i was chuffed to bits and put it straight back onto my line thinking it must be my lucky plug... about three casts later was gassing to my mate about my good fortune when... CRACK... it goes flying towards the horizon with my mate in stitches... i'd only forgotten to put the bail arm across!!!!!D'OH:wallbash:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
"The intent of PERMANENTLY depriving the owner of their lawful property"

like chucking the whole lot in the bin including the headlamp?, that would permanently deprive the owner

the cororally to this is that I am obliged to hand in anything of value found and not bin it ..... what value ?, value to whom ? The litter was his lawful property.... anyone picking up litter is breaking the law as there is intent to deprive and permanence to the action.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts