World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise? Obviously they’re extinct in Norfolk/Suffolk so planning a weekend somewhere where we might have have a decent chance? Anywhere at all in the UK will do, beach preferred. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Holderness coast line showing plenty of m and regularly
Shame we don’t have that sport here in Essex or Suffolk

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Chesil is a long way and can be very hit or miss

·
Registered
635 Posts
If your making a weekend of it get yourself up to the Arbroath area when there's an easterly wind plenty of areas to fish with a very good chance of catching a decent sized cod.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
As Matt says, Chesil can be very hit & miss, but for a bit more consistency I think I'd head to the Bristol Channel, or better still, the North-West coast.

There are good reports from the Mersey area (the distance is about the same as Chesil from over here) and Jake is spot on with Holderness beaches as a closer alternative at present.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Been loads caught over the weekend up on the holderness coast get the conditions right and you’ll bag up, but not, then it’ll a long drive for nothing,

·
Registered
23,905 Posts
Your smashing them fella!!!!! Dont ever let me see you moan about the trawlers LOL Brilliant fishing mate!!!!:thumbsup: You got to show shirley codlin, those codies.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Your smashing them fella!!!!! Dont ever let me see you moan about the trawlers LOL Brilliant fishing mate!!!!:thumbsup: You got to show shirley codlin, those codes.

one thing i wont moan about is trawlers mate, at the end of day, everyone needs to make a living :)

edit : ""non uk boats exempt from the above statement !""

·
Registered
23,905 Posts
Your doing well mate!! I hope to get out up the fowey in the new year.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Another vote for the holderness

Bag of 11 this morning from 2.5lb to 9lb 9oz
Not too shabby for a 6 hr stint in the wind

Couple of the better fish shown
View attachment 1231747
Great effort.
I hav’nt bait fished for about 8 years but the chance of a few of those could draw me out of retirement!

Reactions: x525

·
Registered
808 Posts
I was up at withernsea in may this year on holiday I was quite surprised and Impressed by the amount of codling and the array of species including bass being caught along the holderness coast. It was consistently good fishing.
Along our stretch, if you are brave enough to give it a gamble a few better fish if there's still such a beast often "used too" turn up at around Christmas week on rough ground marks . Orford - dirty wall - eastlane- Felixstowe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another vote for the holderness

Bag of 11 this morning from 2.5lb to 9lb 9oz
Not too shabby for a 6 hr stint in the wind

Couple of the better fish shown
View attachment 1231747
Great fish there mate I’m travelling up from Norfolk next Thursday to Dimlington, no cod down our way, hoping to bag a cod of any size, I’m relatively new to fishing! Do you have any tips please?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts