World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down one of our local beaches for bait this morning, was getting Rag nearly 3 ft long :eek: aint seen them as big as that for years :D dug rag/lug and got a load of cockles.

Decided to head up to Auchmithie north of Arbroath, fished the flood for a couple of hours, never had a touch so headed down to Arbroath.

As the tide had 3 hours to go before flood I had to go round the cliffs and make my way down the rocks. Set up 2 rods and started lobbing out rag/cockle lug/cockle combos. within 3-4 mins I was into my 1st Codling....nice fish of 2.8lb, some very nice Cod followed this...fish at 6.3lb :D 3.9lb and loads more around the 2lb mark, had a good Pollock of 3lb and a couple of small Coalies, also managed to bring in a nice Ballin Wrasse about the 2.8lb mark, bites were coming fairly quick, at 1 time I was getting hits on both rods.

Ended up with 19 Cod, 1 Pollock, 3 Coalies, and 1 Wrasse bloody great days fishing will be back asap :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
'Outstanding' result well done.

A red letter day if ever there was, too few and far between these days, makes all the preparation worth while.

Wouldn't think there will be too much room on that mark after your post has been read a few times...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well done that man will need to meet up one time and show me how it's done:-}

How's the breeks this time? ;-]

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keith said:
How's the breeks this time? ;-]
nae probs this time Keith, I didnae fall on me butt ;)

I am heading up thr tomorrow morning will dig a load o bait, and hope that it was as good a day as friday :D if any 1 fancys meeting up I will be along the cliffs from the esplanaide

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
hi all
i fancy going up there this week sounds very good ,with a bit of luck i might get up there on thursday :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
hi big dunny
was wondering see the cliffs can you sit in one position or do you have to move up and down with the tide , as in could i set up a wee base camp and fish from it all night . oh where do you get your big rag ? ;) just kidding m8

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Marcus

I was fishing at ( I think) between Whiting Ness and Needles E'e, its the 1st path down to the rocks you come to as you walk round the path above the cliffs, and yes you could set up a base camp, the mark I was fishing was about 6-8 ft above high water line, its on a slope ( sandstone rocks) good footholds the rocks were wet at the time and I didnt slip at any time, but again you gotta be carefull when fishing from rocks.

there is a wee bit o rock hoppin involved, but I managed it ok, and Im an unfit slob :p

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
thanks for that m8 will be going on ether thursday or friday night gonna look at the tides so i can get some bait thanks agian :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts