World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a sl30sh and wanted some views on the best 30lb mono to use on it,ive just started using a multy,had a few chucks before but im comitting myself to stick with it now, the reels just been cleaned and oiled and one black block put in it and little lateral movement in spool,had it out today and no problems at all so your thoughts on line please :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Ultima F1, Maxima or Stren.

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
This is a thread where you'll get a lot of opinions that differ!!!

My 2cents worth ------------- sufix tritanium!!!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
as browny says.
profish ghostline is supposed to be good in the rough as well

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a thread where you'll get a lot of opinions that differ!!!

My 2cents worth ------------- sufix tritanium!!!
thanks for that browny,ive only ever used braid over here on my fixed spool so the mono is a bit new to me not using it for about ten years :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
yes- makes great leaders as you get a small knot - but its so fine as a main line that its easy to knick it and break it - very strong when its undamaged though. for rough stuff the diameter really isnt a problem so i use red ice or F1

·
Registered
342 Posts
Daiwa Tournament is what I use on a 7000. I don`t even bother with a shockleader, most rough ground marks don`t need a 150 yard monster cast so I just us 30 straight through.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
To be honest i use challenge gold from jims and for the price its a great line,,for the rough stuff fishing,,casts well ,knots well and at the price can't be beat.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks all ive got a few to look at now
regards
major

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
ultima seastrike, available in bulk spools, and great rough ground line!:secret:
red ice is also worth a look, but abit more expensive.
PS

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'll give another :thumbs: for Sufix Tritanium, excellent line!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
berkley big game takes some beating. also niel mackellow ha been on about suffix titanium plus but this seems only to be in america at the moment but you can always get it sent over.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
flourocarbon is great at beating abrasion. fidh that right through

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
ultima seastrike, available in bulk spools, and great rough ground line!:secret:
red ice is also worth a look, but abit more expensive.
PS
sorry,but had a terrible time with the stuff.abraded and broke far too easily.also done some tests and found it broke well below its breaking strain.used some lidls line that lasted several times longer and was several pounds stronger when tested.tbh,still using it cos it's lasted so well:thumbs:.
tritanium is a better line to use,though probably not quite as strong

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
sorry,but had a terrible time with the stuff.abraded and broke far too easily.also done some tests and found it broke well below its breaking strain.used some lidls line that lasted several times longer and was several pounds stronger when tested.tbh,still using it cos it's lasted so well:thumbs:.
tritanium is a better line to use,though probably not quite as strong
u talking about seastrike or red ice?
i used 35lb seastrike, straight through last year, a thick line, but lasts ages, and will pull the plug out the bottom if need be......
PS

Reactions: seer

·
The Bush Kangaroo
2,807 Posts
i was thinking f1 me and major were talking about it not sure what to get
use big game at the moment but just dont last long enough

1 - 20 of 24 Posts