World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

anyone know any mail order site where I can buy Zziplex at good price alos where has cheapest Shipping cost for internestional order.

·
Registered
439 Posts
you can try veals, but I dont think they do zziplex through the mail order, so I would go with summerlands in devon, gerrys of morecombe, uk hooks in the isle of white, they are probably your best bet, especially summerlands as they will sell you the blank, so you can build it as you like.
If you need web addresses pm me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Whoever you go for ask them that they have the rod/blank in stock as i was caught out by a certain well known tackle shop who took my money and then i had to wait 3 months for the rod i didnt ask I just assumed when they took my order that they had it in stock . Zzippies are always in short supply so best to check first mate .

·
Registered
439 Posts
good advise by arc, took me nearly two months of petering terry himself with no joy, got mine from garry evans of newport, but he doesnt do a mail order site, do you know what you are after, type of rod build etc, as that might help. I know for zti's, m4. lt14 in stock local.

·
Banned
684 Posts
Careful if ordering a Zzipy thru UK Hooks,when you see the price built,then go to checkout,you,will see P&P then VAT added,can work out 30-40 quid dearer than some of the other dealers......

·
Registered
278 Posts
Still waiting for my Zzipy 1 month on, I wouldnt mind if the shop would give me an idea of when I will get it but they keep telling me next week!

I could build a car in 1 month!!

Can anyone tell me if its normal for the money to be taken upon ordering a custom built rod even if they dont seem to have the item in stock???

·
Registered
328 Posts
give stan m a pm he built my cono-flex in just over a week

·
Registered
278 Posts
tony's tackle. ordered 2 vmaxf1's had to wait 4 months for them. each time i called them was told `oh they are on the way`. i paid up front.

mate also ordered a reducer. they took the cash and have still to send it. that was 10 months ago.
Thats bad....Im not feeling too confident. If it goes on for much longer im cancelling the order, its a replacement for a broken rod so id rather pay less for a more mainstream brand and get it next day....at least I get to use it!!

Why is anything more than 2 weeks acceptable for build and delivery of a custom rod? I could understand if they were having to build hundreds each month (which they may) but I doubt its anywhere near 100.

Anyone know how long it takes to build a rod from a blank?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had a couple of new ZZippys in the last few months and I have to say I've had no problems (HST, LT14,Powertex bass) all custom builds and two with reducers.

The HST and LT14 from Summerlands took just over a fortnight from order to receipt.

The Powertex Bass from Gerrys of Morcombe, ordered on Saturday and received the following Friday.

I would fully recommend either of these two, but always check they have them in stock because as they'll tell you they can order from Zzipplex but they hardly ever get what they order.

www.summerlands.co.uk
www.gerrysfishing.co.uk

hope this helps:)

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Summerlands are very good from what I have been told. I haven't used them to buy a Zziplex but I have been in the shop whilst on holiday down there and they have loads of them in stock and on display.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I have had a couple of new ZZippys in the last few months and I have to say I've had no problems (HST, LT14,Powertex bass) all custom builds and two with reducers.

The HST and LT14 from Summerlands took just over a fortnight from order to receipt.

The Powertex Bass from Gerrys of Morcombe, ordered on Saturday and received the following Friday.

I would fully recommend either of these two, but always check they have them in stock because as they'll tell you they can order from Zzipplex but they hardly ever get what they order.

www.summerlands.co.uk
www.gerrysfishing.co.uk

hope this helps:)
Hi Buddy you have a PM-- YATOES

·
Registered
278 Posts
Phoned up about Zzipy yesterday, was told blank just arrived and will be built and delivered for next Thursday....cant wait!!!!:yeah:

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Phoned up about Zzipy yesterday, was told blank just arrived and will be built and delivered for next Thursday....cant wait!!!!:yeah:
:schmoll: If you are talking about """ TONY`S """ don`t hold your breath,i have posted before about this shop and ZZIPLEX 4 mts it took me (after i paid in full) and i have seen on other areas posts complaning,i had every excuse in the book,i ordered a pair,sorry only got sent one from the factory ,please wait for another,other people have had better results,if you have to use him make sure you advise him you are collecting and it is in STOCK and ready as you will get there and just get more excuses :schmoll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts