World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
shields peir, the walkway and lots of other marks along the tyne are fishing well for codling to 2lb, with a chance of a bigger one if you lucky. top bait peeler crab but other baits will still catch. good luck

·
Registered
198 Posts
:thumbs: thanks for the info shaun will give the pier a try :fishing1:
Take loads of gear mate. You just might end up losing some.
Have heard that Roker has been fishing well and with the kids going back to school there won't be as many people there.

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Take loads of gear mate. You just might end up losing some.
Have heard that Roker has been fishing well and with the kids going back to school there won't be as many people there.
Depends where you fish. 44 mark is clean ground apart from the first 30 yards or so from the wall. Good spot but main problem a the mo are the lads dropping their strings of pots right against the pier wall.

Off the end fish the ebb tide and a cast of 70 yards should see you clear most of the snags. Still a few but fish the flood and drop short and you will lose gear all the time.

Most river marks are fairly clean ground, you just need to pick the right tide for the right venue and you shouldn't lose hardly any gear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys was down s. shields and roker pier today for a look s. shields seemed to be fishing better than roker with mackerel being the main catch s.shields was quite busy with roker being quiet and the rat house was nearly deserted only about four anglers on it

·
Registered
198 Posts
thanks guys was down s. shields and roker pier today for a look s. shields seemed to be fishing better than roker with mackerel being the main catch s.shields was quite busy with roker being quiet and the rat house was nearly deserted only about four anglers on it

I think Roker will be like that now till the Cod season starts.
The Rat Run can be like that alot. I hope Roker will be like that when the Cod come. MORE FOR ME :bleh::fishing1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.