World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) hi all,wonder if anyone of you guys can reccomend me, the best mono to use for uptiding,ive tried big game in 15lbs and spidermono in 14lbs,both of these seemed ok but the big game went a bit curly after the second time,the spidermono seems ok so far,so guys can you help many thanks :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
hi uptider,
i use either daiwa tournament or ultima red ice.the daiwa is probably the best but the red ice is about half the price.
there is a test in one of the magazines recently and both the above lines came out o.k

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi uptider I use braid a lot, but sometimes change over to mono then i will use Iron silk its great line very strong , I use it for the shore as well, I did an experement I tied a spider hitch in both ends hooked them to a scales and 20lb broke at 31lb not bad a.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i agree with Welshbouy, i use Berkley Ironsilk 17lb b.s. and find it to be a fine quality copolymer line, initially i found it difficult to tie knots in it due to the ultra smooth coating.Very abrasion resistant and a bit expensive but class clobber all the same, as far as i'm aware it's available in green or smoke/grey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts