World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Im new to shore fishing and would like to get set up for rock and beach casting.
I currently have a decent beachcasting rod and i have £100 to spend on a multiplier reel. Anyone got any advice to which are the best ones out there? I am looking something that will easily handle a conger eel. Can stretch to £120 if there will be a big jump in performance.
Thanks in advance

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,554 Posts
Look at the daiwa slosh reels.
Just a pointer, many rock anglers are now using fixed spool reels filled with braid.
Something to think about before spending your hard earned cash.

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys! Sl30 it is then

There ok if have hands like shovels as spool sits high on the rod Slosh's was ok till the Fathom arrived Fathom just does everything they did and far more Fathom 15 from Weymouth Angling £110 15 over the 12 if running .40 plus if looking for distance close/rock wise either.
Easy to do the brake mod so use the ABU/Daiwa blocks or mag em if like to but blocks work ok
Metal frame/cage over slosh plastic

Other reel if can find for price is the Daiwa Saltist 20-30's

But for the money! unless getting something stone cold sober deal Fathom 15 all day every day will do everything you want and more ie on the rocks,Pier,uptiding,Distance casting plus even if magged still have a ratchet which many of the others you loose like slosh

Another reel that's still good if can find a decent one that the welsh rock guys love is the Shimano speedy IICFS the original hi speed reel(just watch for play in handle from drag stack as a bush bearing in cage.But can be modded to fit a ball bearing)
That casts very well decent line amount also.
Ive 2 ones Original CFS rarely used and other IIC magged but kept ratchet!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I'm not experienced with multis but have found the penn warfare good. I use it with 50lb braid and am impressed

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have be using one on the beach ...

Apparently they are a high performing, high durability baitcasting reel that provides smooth casts, smooth retrieve and improved line lay.

Seems to be doing the job ok

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've used sloshs for the past 12 years.
As said above, they stand pretty high off the rod.
A slim reel seat or coasters help but they still need a bit of a stretch with the thumb for casting control.
Good solid reliable reels though. My first one was a 30 but I've used 20's after that. The 30 is just too big for me.

Then again, I have a fathom on the way now.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi everyone
Im new to shore fishing and would like to get set up for rock and beach casting.
I currently have a decent beachcasting rod and i have £100 to spend on a multiplier reel. Anyone got any advice to which are the best ones out there? I am looking something that will easily handle a conger eel. Can stretch to £120 if there will be a big jump in performance.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you hunt around you should be able to get a abu 6500 new for that pk its not going to be a top of the range 6500ct anf theres always the tronix pro mag which are quite decent little reels realy does depend on what type of ground your mainly fishing rough ground s 7000 size reel would be your best bet but jave seen some firms advertising diawa SLOSH 30 for 89.99 which are very tough and c ast well if you are fishing mainly clean ground then for tjat money you can pick up a really good abu6500ct ot 7ht turbo thete are a lot of second hand reels out there in fact for 120 quid you could !ore than likley pick up 2 reels for that but id go for a really good single reel sn abu 6500ct rocket with aowet handle and still have a bit of change but hunt about dont just buy the first one you come across hope this helps. best wishes ken

1 - 20 of 23 Posts