World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beef,

I was told that the knuckle at Admiralty pier is fishing well for Plaice, so long as you don't mind slugging it out with the 5000000000000 mackerelers and their lethal strings of 42 feathers.

Do you know where I mean? I think there's a bench there (the first one), we always used to call if "flatty corner".

Apart from that, I've never really found a plaice place (oh, i say), except i did once get about 10 in one afternoon from in front of Chequers on the Ancient Highway, but returned the next day to get none. So I'm not sure that'll give you much joy. Coastguard station at Deal is another good place for flatties, but they do tend to be Dabs and Sole, I think.

Let us know how you get on...

Cheers,
JB.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beef,

Just rag or yellowtail when I've fished there in the past... I've had mostly dabs too, as it goes, but I've seen plenty of plaice caught there, although only had 1 or 2 myself.

Cheers,
JB.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I could tell you Beefy ...............................but you can't travel all the way down here so it would be pointless :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
God you don't know how hard it was to reply with the obvious to that post :) - I'm in deepest darkest Wales m8 if you're ever down this way perhaps I can help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts