World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there im going camping to haggerson castle soon and our lass is give me the green light to go fishing one day while im there lol and wondering which place is best to go to heard a lot about st abbs and eyemouth on these forums i would like to try here as it looks really nice and fishing sounds good just im unsure about the climbing is it really dangerous any info is apreciated thanks john

·
Registered
135 Posts
Try the scars at Beadnell,a couple of hours either side of low water and a bucket of fresh crab will produce red cod ... tight lines

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I,m off up to seahouses soon and would love to know how to get fresh crab, Is it a case of turning rocks over at low tide and seeing if they are peelers.

Mick.

G

·
I,m off up to seahouses soon and would love to know how to get fresh crab, Is it a case of turning rocks over at low tide and seeing if they are peelers.

Mick.
it is and you will probably get one or two up there, the main period for moulting has gone now though and there is always more crab in the rivers than on open coast.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
hi there im going camping to haggerson castle soon and our lass is give me the green light to go fishing one day while im there lol and wondering which place is best to go to heard a lot about st abbs and eyemouth on these forums i would like to try here as it looks really nice and fishing sounds good just im unsure about the climbing is it really dangerous any info is apreciated thanks john
if stabbs or eyemouth is rough water then be very carefull mate. rouge waves come from no were mate and there fookin big ones there. if its been raining too be aware as the clifs are deadly!!.
st abbs harbour is really snaggy!! out of a session i managed to retrieve 1 trace back.
st abbs light house is good and eyemouth is good too.
think its better with a float as there quite snaggy but no were near as bad as the harboiur :thumbs: hope this helps and enjoy your trip :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts