World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all iv been fishing for a year now and still finding it hard to cast I use a fixed spool any tips

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Sandra . My self iv been fishing for over 30 years now . I use fixed spool .I find them very good for semi beginners and for the those who are really good . I find if you can get the line on the tip of your finger and let the weight tack the strain then it will make it a little easier . Let the line just slip of on the 12 o clock position. Distance will follow after you master it . Hope it hells . Steel man

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Sandra. Of course me and my wife do a lot of essex coast clacton walton and our favourite is harwich . We often go out on the boats when we can .

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Hi all iv been fishing for a year now and still finding it hard to cast I use a fixed spool any tips
Are you using braid or mono? How full have you filled the spool? With a fixed spool who want the line fairly close to the rim maybe a fraction less with braid than mono...

There's lots of different ways to cast, but take a look at the video below for one way:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I use a 4oz weight and my rod can take up to a 6oz can i use a 6oz
Depends how much power you put into your cast and any additional weight ie the bait....I would think you should be ok if doing an sort of over head cast with smallish baits...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chukka thanks for your tip I will give it ago. I'll get back to you and let you know how I got on

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use mono line of 20lb to shockleader of 50lb and is filled up. Has I'm only 5 foot I put has much power has I can lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for the tip let yous know how I got on has I'm fishing to a couple of week time

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Lady luck by storm
Sandra,

You can get casting lessons from qualified casting coaches...I have no idea what they charge, but I would imagine an hours coaching would not be too expensive and would probably be money well spent..I am sure if you are interested somebody one here could make suggestions for coaches who cover your area...

Regards,

Peter

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Not one I have heard of. If you can, watch the videos on the beach so that you can copy there and then, don't worry about bait just keep casting. I hope we have helped you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts