World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bro has taken to ssea fishing big time whats the best rod for around 150.00 that will be ok off piers and can hhandle a bit of roughish beach work ?

was looking at the daiwa supercast 13ft m hes used my rods and they a lil to stiff .. he tried my tip tornada and my greys pz match

anyinfo will be great guys

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sell him a pz yer tight bugger!:laugh:
ha ha i dunt kno what im doin with them yet mate to be ohnest...they not all that good to be ohnest in my opinion mine feels lil top heavy and used them ijn a slight wind this week and they were bouncing all over the shop :( glad they were buy one get one free to have payed almost 400.00 i wud of been gutted

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You buy 2 Conoflex Highlanders and give your Bro the rest of your gear! You'll not want to fish around South Wales with anything else once you've fished with Cono's

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
could try a fox horizon xtr.now half price at £125.tempted to get one meself if i can find the dosh:g: :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You buy 2 Conoflex Highlanders and give your Bro the rest of your gear! You'll not want to fish around South Wales with anything else once you've fished with Cono's
id never sell my tip tornado its the dogs do da's

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
£150 will get you a Greys GRX-s multi and a Penn 525Mag Extra at the G.A.C. A seriously good offer, i got one and the rod is brilliant for the money. Im sure everyone will agree that the reels about the best you can get.
www.fishingmegastore.com
It will handle lighter leads down to 4oz plus bait, but also cast 6oz with a big bait no problem aswell. I garuantee you wont go far wrong with that and the price is unbeatable.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Alternatively you could buy either a Penn Coperhead or a Century N.E.T.S Classic second hand off me. Both are in excellent condition, seen very little use after i bought my tip Tornado and a Carbon Metal.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no positive thoughts for the daiwa then ? supercast ?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Yeah the Penn combos are good. I started out with a Extreme Match which served me well. The new Surfbalster Outasite looks a good rod for the money, plus it comes with line and shockleader. If your cheeky you could maybe wangle a few free rigs, leads and bait from your local penn dealer aswell, you can atleat try! A total complete outfit that will last you well. Now roll on payday next Friday so i can get me Waveblaster 20-30 combo.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I have 2 daiwa supercasts and a 12 ft daiwa supercast all fixed spool. brilliant rods. remember that a post like this everybody will put there fav rods on here.

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
another vote for the abu XP - will handle most things you can throw at it!
i used mines everywhere untill i saved up and bought 2 TTR's! :)
PS

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I looked at the TTR Big Danny, thats a man sized rod with a price tag to match. When i get the money up i will buy either one of them or a Conoflex Anubis+. Meanwhile i will make do with my Penn Nor'easter for the really rough stuff.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
go for a second hand century. i won't use anything else now. i have a tippy match and is spot on for piers and can handle light to medium rough stuff.

supercasts are a nice rod but nothing compared to a century. TBH it's a typical case of you get what you pay for. half the price of a century and half the rod.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Not literally! Daiwa won't supply you a 6ft rod, sorry i am just being perdantic. However given the chance if you fish with a Century you know you are using something special. The quality and performance will shine through, but if you are on a budget then the others will perform just as well. perhaps its best to start right, afterall theres no point selling the rod on six months down the line just because you want a zippy or a century.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Before anyone comments,,, do not suggest a comparisson of it being like giving a Ferrari F1 car to a learner driver. Firstly the price difference is not so great, and secondly i am talking from experience. Although perhaps you are not all like me, and 'must have' the best or most desired tackle for the job.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts