World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

which is the best side of pier in penarth to fish?
went there a few weeks ago and the right was catching more, someone said that that he has never seen so many from that side?

·
Registered
311 Posts
the right hand side is the best get right up into the corner and try and cast as far as you can to the left it seams to produce the bigger and most fish

·
Registered
81 Posts
Harpo's right .. the top corners are the best spots as you can cast into much deeper water used by the waverly for docking. I dont think It makes much difference which side. If I cant get in the corners I prefer the left side as there is a small shallow gulley running parallel with the pier (you can see water running down it on the low tide) and there's some large patches of mud which have produced the odd dover sole. Whichever side I'm on I find short casts or fishing straight down more productive than blasting it out. Hope thats some help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that
i may be going saturday
i will have to get down there early to ensure that spot so i will try my best
any cod showing off there yet?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I fished the competition there on Sunday. There were codling showing but they were tiny .. well under size. Really weird whiting bites too. Last year I remember the bites were fierce rattling ones and the whiting mostly hooked themselves but on Sunday the bites were really timid and intermittent , lots of us had problems hooking them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 weeks ago, i was down the pier and getting bite after bite, only managed to hook 2 must have missed about 5 to 8 fish, strike after strike and no return, anyway should be going tommorow any else there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts