World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>hi everyone
i wud like 2 find put what spinners people like 2 use and which are the best?
i am goin to try a few different 1s this summer and post the results
thnx dean</font>

·
Registered
1 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi
If you are just spinning off rocks for calig (pollock) and mackeral then you can&#39;t go far wrong with a 25gm dexter wedge. The cast for miles and look great in the water.</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>If your talkin&#39; all lures, you will do well an 85mm Ragalou rubber eel. They are pretty cheap too so you can afford to loose a few in snags without breaking the bank. Rig it like this ,main line with drilled bullet on, bead, swivel, 4ft length of clear 10lb line, rubber eel. I&#39;ve caught everything from sandeels to Bass on &#39;em.
</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Sorry, a bit late but never mind...I hear silver stingers are good for mackerel - they&#39;re heavy for their size, I&#39;ll be trying them out next trip
Anyone use these?</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Well, I&#39;m told it&#39;s called a Silver Stinger, it maybe called something else, it&#39;s like a Super Sandeel from Veals but looks a little more traditional.

I watched a guy pull out a few Mackerel with it when everyone else was blanking - he called it a Silver Stinger then gave me one as I left- nice chap. Looking on google I can&#39;t find one but the pictures are quite sparse. Type Silver Mackerel Spinner into Google and see how many results you get...</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
<font color='#000000'>ABU Koster is one of my favs, hard to come by but recently returned on the market. they have never let me down, available in silver or copper, sizes 28g, 40g and 60g. They are available from Veals Mail Order (www.veals.co.uk) or ask your local dealer.</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts