World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what,s the best zziplex match rod capable of casting up to 6oz long distance, and with a nice tip suitable for pout whiting flounders etc, maybe similar to the old classic 2500...??? A

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pendleteque pro am match
cheers mate but i meant from the current range, i think the pro-am match has long been discontinued. thanks anyway A

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would of thought a Hsm fitted the bill, love mine.
do you use yours for scratching around ? what,s the bite detection from small fish like ? A

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi,
hard descision will be between m4 hi-flex or profile evo,hiflex for dungi and fast tide runs evo for all other work both will cast 6oz without issue awsome bite detection.
The hi-flex is so good i sold me hsm it just cast better and handles the bigger weight and bait with ease..

Rich

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Hi,
hard descision will be between m4 hi-flex or profile evo,hiflex for dungi and fast tide runs evo for all other work both will cast 6oz without issue awsome bite detection.
The hi-flex is so good i sold me hsm it just cast better and handles the bigger weight and bait with ease..

Rich
i have the hsm and profile evo / hsm imho far better match rod than profile evo.

as in previous reply the 4500 is another one which argualby be the best

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
pendleteque pro am match
Love my Pendleteque Pro-Am Match to bits but after 20 years it is not the rod it used to be. Will chuck the 125 plus bait a long way and bite detection is superb but strap on a 150 or bigger and it is not happy :cry:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i also love my pro-am which i have had for about 20yrs now,also my federation match which is superb,i know they are dated but i can use them to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
m4 hiflex m or hsm you wont go wrong will cast three hooks and 6oz to the horizon and register the bite off a stickleback lol love my m4 and i loved my hsm wish id kept it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.