World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
just under 3 lbs but lost 1 down foreshore wall a month or 2 bak and the boys reckon it was 4lb plus yes i was gutted.. heres a little help wen u use a thread, you used the otherthread about whiting, for your questions earlier, but you have started a new thread about my best fish. you could stay on the same thread ie, whiting to keep asking questions on the same topic, just trying to help my friend, hope you understand what i am saying, any probs let me or the other mods no about them we will try our best to help, and another reason, when you asked what was my best fish, you could have been talking to somebody else, but dont worry you will get the hang of it, good luck... gotta go, got a headache,, i h8 typing.. hee hee..

·
Registered
303 Posts
my favourite bessy was a12.5lb Bass which took a live sand eel on fifteen pound gear and a fixed spool reel we had a £5. each kitty for the best bass that day with seven fishing so it made my day Twice.

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Moved your post into the General forum, it should get a better response in here.

Best fish....hmmmmmmm

Have to say the one I most enjoyed was a 6lb Sea Trout - but that was in a river lol.

Whilst its not the biggest I think best catch i've had has to be the 21lb Cod I caught aboard Dave Axtell's boat Seren-y-mor from Swansea when I was 15, great fish, and fought like a good 'un too :D

Also the irish specimen, Grey Gurnard of 1.6lbs was a nice capture as well :D

3rd best catch - getting poacher as a mod, I just love to confuse him lol, sorry poach :( moved the thread before you managed too ha ha, need to be quicker mate ;)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
right my heads gone now, and i havent got in chat room yet.. my best as you are not on about whiting, is a 24 lb cod on the coral off the ranny, i had a 37lb conger on the michelle out of minehead, and i have had a lot of saundersfoot bass, the best 3 were over 8 lbs.i have had a few cod over 20lbs from the coral at ranny as well, and thats enough for me, gotta find my paracetamal..

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hmm, it's hard to define best fish...

Biggest has got to be several shore tope between 25lb and 33lb (there's a 50lber with my name on it this year!!!), but biggest doesn't necessarily mean best.

Most fun I had last year was taking a ballan off the surface on a plug about 12ft away from me :D

I try not to be 'size'ist ;)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Biggest was a 20lb 4oz boat caught Cod on home made feathers.
Best specimen was a Long Spined Sea Scorpian of 47 grams (which at the time was a Scottish record, but only lasted a week until a bigger one was caught, devastating as I was only 11 at the time).

F

·
0 Posts
Freshwater - 16lb Salmon

Seawater - 15lb 8oz Cod (boat)
- 8lb Pollock (shore)

·
Registered
208 Posts
The best days fishing i have ever had was last summer, warm sunny day catching black bream too 3lb, trigger fish too 5lb, a small red gurnard and a 4lb bass. Not the biggest fish in the world but it realy brings a smile too your face, hope i can have an even better summer this year. Doggy

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
sea-6lb mullet

course-9lb carp

that mullet was the best fish ever on light tackle it was a great fight. caght it on bread flake from tenby harbour. theres bloody loads of them swimming around in the summer months.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
me and i h w both a 5 lb bass in the same session i also 5 outher schoolies and a big flounder FROM OUR LOCAL BEACH IN TENBY ABOUT OCTOBER TIME. BRILLIANT !!!!!!! :D :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts