World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie

Went plugging with a fellow WSF'er tonight..... weed was quite bad but managed a small 2lb blank saving bass.

The fellow WFS'er caught.... well.... eh........nowt...lol

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've seen one of those plugs before somewhere lol, Top of the waters the best way Kevin eh?, how did you get on the other night, there were that many anglers about I thought there was a comp on, when i left you and your oppo.

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen one of those plugs before somewhere lol, Top of the waters the best way Kevin eh?, how did you get on the other night, there were that many anglers about I thought there was a comp on, when i left you and your oppo.
Yeah i thought i'd seen the plug somewhere..lol
I missed a few that night i met you, they were only hitting me if i managed to get the plug to the surface (which is hard when using a diver) hence buying the same as you were using (when in rome!!!)

That fish was the only one seen yesterday...i'm new to this plugging game but it's far more exciting than i imagined, one minute your plug is skimming the surface - the next it gets nailed!!
Think i'll venture out tomorrow night for a few hours.

If you ever fancy giving some tuition, just give me a shout mate... i'm always willing to learn more.

Cheers

·
Registered
479 Posts
hi mate, wherabouts were you fishing, keep meaning to make the drive over - you can pm if you want to keep it private!

·
Registered
423 Posts

The one we saw had considerably less paint on it! We counted over 7 anglers within 500 yards + a kayak at that more southerly mark, that night we met you.

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We counted over 7 anglers within 500 yards + a kayak at that more southerly mark, that night we met you.
Yeah- most were from Glasgow from what i gathered... some where using the tempest sandeel and controller float... think there was just the one landed between them.

Manxman- did you get anything when you moved?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ended up with a couple of schoolies, have you guys got anything planned for the evenings of Sun/Mon 16/17th of this month?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ended up with a couple of schoolies, have you guys got anything planned for the evenings of Sun/Mon 16/17th of this month?

Nothing on the sunday, think my shift has been changed so I am off monday too. Kev works 9-5 so he should be free.

·
Registered
724 Posts
OK, very dependant on the weather this venue. I'll keep an eye on the forecast and PM you nearer the time, just looked at the outlook not to good at the moment.
A couple of days calmish weather is needed, thats unless matt's providing the bait lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice bass, from what you've been saying i know which mark your on about as i was one of the other anglers fishing to the right handside of the point. Never see it that busy down there before. Plenty of schoolies along that whole stretch, all on popper mind...got lazy last night and went for baitfishing...had nowt.

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, very dependant on the weather this venue. I'll keep an eye on the forecast and PM you nearer the time, just looked at the outlook not to good at the moment.
A couple of days calmish weather is needed, thats unless matt's providing the bait lol
Lets hope the weather suits

1 - 19 of 19 Posts