World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Coming down for a week with my family on 9th August, staying in Troon. Can anyone give me some advice on good fishing spots please? Happy to try anything! Any tips on easy places for kids to fish would help too aswell as a spot for picking up a couple of mackerel for a barbeque.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Fieldy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does this mean that the map I looked at was a mirage and these places are really inland, nobody knows anything or you don't weant to share info which is what I thought part of this forum was about. DOn't mean to sound funny but I can't quite believe there's been no reply. Wherever else I've gone on holiday, advice has flowed freely through this forum.:huh:

Fieldy

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
mate its not personal:sun:..

its a huge coastline we have down here...i guarantee if anyone knew info on said area they would tell ya..have you tried a simple forum search????.i just did and found loads of info on st ives!!!

have a nice holiday:fish:

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Sorry, missed your first post.

Easy mark for kids would be Mousehole harbour where you can pick up small wrasse, pollack, gars and macks. Penzance, Newlyn and St Ives harbours will all provide safe fishing as well.

Have a look at Hayle beach and harbour as well, round to Godrevey. Newquay is also worth a try out.

Be warned, the beaches are likely to be full of surfers so late evening or early morning would be the best time to try them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
you are fairly limeted between St Ives and St Agnes.
Chapleporth beach.
Porthtowan beach.
Hayle estuary/harbour/Towans.
St Ives bay to Gwithian/Godrevy.
are your best bet for ease of fishing.There some good rock marks for ray
but they are yomps and hard to find/give directions to.

Get hold of meatsack as he fishes round there alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts