World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got To The Beach At 7.30 Am - Pumped Some Lug And Started Fishing With 1 Rod 3hook Flapper - Caught 2 Ling In Quick Succession:notworthy - Then Nothing . As The Tide Came Up I Set Another Rod Out With A 6ft Flowing Trace And Fishyrobs Dvice With 4 Head Hooked Ragworm - Only Had One Bite On It Allday But Must Say The Dvice Is A Pleasure To Cast( Added Mebbe 20 Yds !!!!!) With And Great To Retrieve !!! Gonna Fish Shoreham West Arm Tomorrow - Hopin For A Better Day There !!??
Must Add - I Mite Not Have Caught Any Dinner But It Was A Gorgeous Day - Cheers Bdb

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Got To The Beach At 7.30 Am - Pumped Some Lug And Started Fishing With 1 Rod 3hook Flapper - Caught 2 Ling In Quick Succession:notworthy - Then Nothing . As The Tide Came Up I Set Another Rod Out With A 6ft Flowing Trace And Fishyrobs Dvice With 4 Head Hooked Ragworm - Only Had One Bite On It Allday But Must Say The Dvice Is A Pleasure To Cast( Added Mebbe 20 Yds !!!!!) With And Great To Retrieve !!! Gonna Fish Shoreham West Arm Tomorrow - Hopin For A Better Day There !!??
Must Add - I Mite Not Have Caught Any Dinner But It Was A Gorgeous Day - Cheers Bdb
How can adding a piece of plastic tube aprox 8" x 1.5" increase your distance by 20 yards??? :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
How can adding a piece of plastic tube aprox 8" x 1.5" increase your distance by 20 yards??? :unsure: :unsure:
Strange isn't it, but I did my longest cast of the year with a whole squid in one. I think it's perhaps aerodynamically effective because all the bait sits 'inside' the main projectile and there's no separate "drag" item.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Strange isn't it, but I did my longest cast of the year with a whole squid in one. I think it's perhaps aerodynamically effective because all the bait sits 'inside' the main projectile and there's no separate "drag" item.
Hmmmm, if the wind was side on, I would think it would be a big disadvantage. Behind you would be ideal.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know how it works - just that it does seem to "fly" better than the usual breakaways im used to using - i let some friends cast with it on their set ups and they all liked it too - cheers bdb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts