World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week to go then Ladies!
Everyone will get there at different times, but before around one Hour before the actual comp starts we need to Hand out the score cards, now if people have set up their gear (and they really ought to get there early and do that) then someone within your group needs to be in the carpark @10 am to get your cards, Have a quick natter, Take the P**s and all that stuff.

One rod three Hooks! it will be busy mind so drifting your leads may need to be done with a bit of co-operation with the guy next to you. Anyone planning on ordering from Dennings Tackle (Bait) needs to know that the night safe facility is no longer available, some ******** left it open after using it and they were then robbed silly so if you get bait from them it needs picking up during normal opening hours (8am on saturday)

If we are in groups, then towards the end of the comp it may pay you to work out amongst yourselves who needs to put in a score card, ie the winner of that group! saves a lot of grief and more time for the PUB which i believe should be the Black Bull at the top of the lane leading to bexi
(JD should be ok in there as they have a play area used by Paying adults to watch the nippers):)

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Ian Foxtrot oscar!!! lol

im well up for this now!! its three hooks but only one rod... ok..

im going down to portland on friday morning, nice and early. slayer and myself will thenfish portland for wrasse, bass and pollock. i want to try for conger at night,

then we will get down to chesil nice and early to get the best place.

apart from flatties, what else is there to be had?

Jamie

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'll bring a spare romper suit and some fresh dypers for you jamie...xx

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just want to clarify one thing Ian

What is the official match time ? start and finish ?

I know some are getting there early and leaving late but I cant find the times :giveup:

Need to know so i bring enough bait and grub/drink

Cheers Davey;)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11am till 4.40 i think, in fact if i am wrong then we will keep it at that anyway.
as for what is available, well Dogfish will be and Maybe some plaice the way things have been!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
11am till 4.40 i think, in fact if i am wrong then we will keep it at that anyway.
as for what is available, well Dogfish will be and Maybe some plaice the way things have been!
I have just received the following PM from Prawn Cocktail.

Hello Edgey,

My mum says she won't give Ian a lift as I destroyed his tent last time I went with him, and shes afriad he will be cross with me.

I want to know what rigs I need to use to cathc dogfish and will Asda's tinned dog food do as bait, as I can get plenty of that for cheap as I work theiur.

Also should I need to weer my Asda hat so that they will feel I am feeding them the rifght stuff. And can ask Ian too tie me uop some dog-fish rigs plkeese.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Ian just a quick question .....have you thought about recognition of the best flatfish/species etc even though that person may not be the winner par say ? Because we will all be getting doggies...but targeting other species and getting them must be worth a mention

MrB

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ian just a quick question .....have you thought about recognition of the best flatfish/species etc even though that person may not be the winner par say ? Because we will all be getting doggies...but targeting other species and getting them must be worth a mention

MrB
Yes mate
the person who catches the best flatfish will be recognised as the person who caught the above, but they aint getting a prize!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
I have just received the following PM from Prawn Cocktail.

Hello Edgey,

My mum says she won't give Ian a lift as I destroyed his tent last time I went with him, and shes afriad he will be cross with me.

I want to know what rigs I need to use to cathc dogfish and will Asda's tinned dog food do as bait, as I can get plenty of that for cheap as I work theiur.

Also should I need to weer my Asda hat so that they will feel I am feeding them the rifght stuff. And can ask Ian too tie me uop some dog-fish rigs plkeese.
Hmm.......... Well, I reckon that dog food for dog fish makes a lot of sense. After all, catching catfish on ledgered munchies is a recognised technique.........

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Rob and Henry.......................... NO!! :blink:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 x two man tents will be supplied for Edgey and Andy Colmer.
These are a replacement for the New 6 man tent that was to be supplied/erected.
The reason is simple, Lisa has expressed concerns regarding people being the first to fart in our new tent :yucky:
Also on reflection i feel Andy may well be in need of some space after spending the day with Edgey :blink:

Also Lockstock, As per Your PM regarding the crafty cunning wishbone dropper rigs and 2 hook dropper rigs (these are available from myself) I have just installed your snoods with the "sick puppy" bead colour combination you Yourself chose. I have indeed selected a simple pink/silver hint of colour for sequins as i feel this will reflect the colourful tints often seen on the inside of a mussle shell, something that will be attractive to Plaice on certain area's of the venue that is indeed West Bexington. I have also reserved your Breakaway impact leads and DBY's.and Peterpans order.

allorderssubjecttodeliveryconstraintsnottobeused
alongsideanyotheroffermanagersdecisionisfinalockstockwillcatchsodall

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
i take it some of you are going to fish the night as well.have a comp on at charmouth afterwards,so may pop back,though it would'nt be until about midnight:blink:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was hoping to join u all for but my car needs abit...alot of tlc before i go anywhere in it. I will do my best to turn up tho.
Good luck to all and watch out fot those spider's!!!
Arron

L

·
0 Posts
2 x two man tents will be supplied for Edgey and Andy Colmer.
These are a replacement for the New 6 man tent that was to be supplied/erected.
The reason is simple, Lisa has expressed concerns regarding people being the first to fart in our new tent :yucky:
Also on reflection i feel Andy may well be in need of some space after spending the day with Edgey :blink:

Also Lockstock, As per Your PM regarding the crafty cunning wishbone dropper rigs and 2 hook dropper rigs (these are available from myself) I have just installed your snoods with the "sick puppy" bead colour combination you Yourself chose. I have indeed selected a simple pink/silver hint of colour for sequins as i feel this will reflect the colourful tints often seen on the inside of a mussle shell, something that will be attractive to Plaice on certain area's of the venue that is indeed West Bexington. I have also reserved your Breakaway impact leads and DBY's.and Peterpans order.

allorderssubjecttodeliveryconstraintsnottobeused
alongsideanyotheroffermanagersdecisionisfinalockstockwillcatchsodall
Thats service for you! Made to order with a slight twist of good humoured insult! He He.. It is quite likely that I'll blank on Sunday as I'm still recovering from the shock of catching so many fish this weekend just gone and the brown trouser boat ride!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
what will live baiting after dark get me down on chesil?

also will cuttle fish get me most fish there? as atm thats the only bait i have. (3kg of the stuff!!! lol)

Jamie

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what will live baiting after dark get me down on chesil?

also will cuttle fish get me most fish there? as atm thats the only bait i have. (3kg of the stuff!!! lol)

Jamie
JD you need to have Livebait to do that mate, so using your cuttle during the day is a must but god knows what you will catch. unless of course you have a Cuttlefish alive and weighing 3 kilo but again i do not know what you will get with that but i would sure like to see it!
Best advice i can give you mate is to fish very close to chesilmaster, he has just got a new Multiplier and was plenty bad enough with his old one, he will get birdies and is master of at least 20 different crack off styles.
do you see where this is leading mate?
30 minutes after the comp starts he will have no shockleader left, no rigs and a Stork sitting on top of his new reel patiently waiting to lay an egg!
he will have plenty of bait going spare mate. Trust me i know, i have seen him :kissing:

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
JD you need to have Livebait to do that mate, so using your cuttle during the day is a must but god knows what you will catch. unless of course you have a Cuttlefish alive and weighing 3 kilo but again i do not know what you will get with that but i would sure like to see it!
Best advice i can give you mate is to fish very close to chesilmaster, he has just got a new Multiplier and was plenty bad enough with his old one, he will get birdies and is master of at least 2000 different crack off styles.
do you see where this is leading mate?
30 minutes after the comp starts he will have no shockleader left, no rigs and a Stork sitting on top of his new reel patiently waiting to lay an egg!
he will have plenty of bait going spare mate. Trust me i know, i have seen him :kissing:

cheeky barsteward:unsure:

i have brought extra shockleader:clap2: thats why i ordered a few more rigs.

L

·
0 Posts
I know its a way off but there are thunderstorms currently forecast for Sat pm at West Bexi!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts