World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....Well at last I have broken my run of blanked sessions:clap2:

Fished West Bexington from 9 until 5, high tide was around 11:45. Started of with 2 rods fished on the bottom one with whole peeler and another lighter rod with a baited with rag, which second cast brought a nice sized Black Bream of 1lbs 8oz.

The mackies were about during the day, with a few people fishing for them straight infront of the carpark, but the water was a littled coloured close in. I took enough for bait and a couple to eat.

Apart from the Bream and mackies nothing else to report....Well unless count Spider Crabs and other peoples lost traces!!LOL!!

I lost 9 hooks to crabs during the day...so wire traces might be a good idea at the mo...LOL

But BIG thing that HACKED ME OFF:mad: was the mount of rubish left by other anglers....rolled up balls of line, empty bait packets, baited rigs and even a reel!! I filled 2 carrier bag's within 50yrds radius of my fishing spot.

Please guys take you stuff home...

Tight Lines....

Hope this helps...it's my first catch report on here.

Attachments

G

·

Fished West Bexington from 9 until 5, high tide was around 11:45. Started of with 2 rods fished on the bottom one with whole peeler and another lighter rod with a baited with rag, which second cast brought a nice sized Black Bream of 1lbs 8oz.

The mackies were about during the day, with a few people fishing for them straight infront of the carpark, but the water was a littled coloured close in. I took enough for bait and a couple to eat.

Apart from the Bream and mackies nothing else to report....Well unless count Spider Crabs and other peoples lost traces!!LOL!!

I lost 9 hooks to crabs during the day...so wire traces might be a good idea at the mo...LOL

But BIG thing that HACKED ME OFF:mad: was the mount of rubish left by other anglers....rolled up balls of line, empty bait packets, baited rigs and even a reel!! I filled 2 carrier bag's within 50yrds radius of my fishing spot.

Tight Lines....

Great to see the Bream coming into shore at last! I'll dig out some fine wire traces for our meet on Sat!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Tight Lines....

Nice to hear there's a few fish as we're down there on Saturday. Couldn't agree more with about the rubbish - gives angling a bad name and well done to you for taking the trouble to clear more than your share away :clap3: Perhaps if Ian reads this we could make it a minor point of our meet on Saturday? :idea:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds an excellent Idea...lets hope people take up on it....it doesn't take much to walk around with a bag, while you waiting for a bite.

Sorry all for the shocking picture:yucky: but it was the best one I had.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Nice to hear there's a few fish as we're down there on Saturday. Couldn't agree more with about the rubbish - gives angling a bad name and well done to you for taking the trouble to clear more than your share away :clap3: Perhaps if Ian reads this we could make it a minor point of our meet on Saturday? :idea:
Ian read it yesterday and he gave up on beach cleans about a year ago when he orginised one at ferrybridge, got it in the Press and Radio, secured free parking, food and drink and had about 20 people off this site say they would be there!
3 people turned up and they were the guys that helped me sort it out.

If anyone else wants to sort one out i will be there but i aint investing any more of my own time doing it because you end up being insulted by the
"we think it is discusting" brigade

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
that must be gay Ian, i would be pretty plssed if that happened to me!!

Jamie

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
see you on the beach, i will be the one with all the fish - (that being plaice/bass/local girls.... lol :D )

Jamie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts