World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been having a look for some of these and theres so many different makes to choose from ! what do you guys use and/or recommend i buy , for comfort, warmth and standing up to all the [email protected]#p that goes down them ?

cheers dd

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use guy cotton bib and brace and smock. They are extremely hard wearing and ultra waterproof, but possibly not the most comfy, especially round your neck, but if you wrap a bit of towel around your neck they are fine. Make sure you get the one with a pleated collar if you are going to wear an inflating life jacket underneath it or you will strangle before you can be rescued!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Guy cotton bib and braces, paired with a top to suit the weather in the winter a lined top, unlined in the summer.

The bottoms cost around the £ 50 or more I think, so are not cheap, but will last for years, and the legs are double lined on the front. Never worn anything else.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use guy cotton bib and brace and smock. They are extremely hard wearing and ultra waterproof, but possibly not the most comfy, especially round your neck, but if you wrap a bit of towel around your neck they are fine. Make sure you get the one with a pleated collar if you are going to wear an inflating life jacket underneath it or you will strangle before you can be rescued!!
Personally I would never recomend wearing a life jacket under any top if it was to inflate it could crush your chest I was told this when I done my sea survival.

Paul

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Greys appllo bib and brace's are great. One of the best buys I ever made. Also, I second what has been said about wearing a life jacket (auto inflate one) under a jacket. If the zipp does not bust on your over jacket it could well kill you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.