World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on my own yesterday.Tried Morte Hoe trolling lures.could'nt get to the Bass for the Mackeral.Only managed 3 undersized bass, all went back safely.then anchored off Baggy using Squid and fresh mackeral.loads of dogfish .1 small smooth hound and a Huss later I went to BUCKS MILLS trolling lures.Again the mackeral were on these so no Bass.Then back into the River on squid witha couple of bites but nothing resulting.Tried trolling but too much weed so I drifted and boat cast plugs.Had one cracking take on a minnow lure near Instow rocks by the cricket ground but it got spooked near the boat and threw an eppy and got off.had a lucky escape towing home when i found the 100kg winch strap had broken!Luckily the 2 other staps and the safety wire must have held it in place .The strap was 3 years old with no sign of wear so be warned.

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
Out on my own yesterday.Tried Morte Hoe trolling lures.could'nt get to the Bass for the Mackeral.Only managed 3 undersized bass, all went back safely.then anchored off Baggy using Squid and fresh mackeral.loads of dogfish .1 small smooth hound and a Huss later I went to BUCKS MILLS trolling lures.Again the mackeral were on these so no Bass.Then back into the River on squid witha couple of bites but nothing resulting.Tried trolling but too much weed so I drifted and boat cast plugs.Had one cracking take on a minnow lure near Instow rocks by the cricket ground but it got spooked near the boat and threw an eppy and got off.had a lucky escape towing home when i found the 100kg winch strap had broken!Luckily the 2 other staps and the safety wire must have held it in place .The strap was 3 years old with no sign of wear so be warned.
nice report spuds , at least you got out :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts