World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
due to the very good weather wilkybar kid and myself decided to have our own fishathon a 24 hour boat fish,we left the moorings at 7.30pm and made our way to our night mark which I was hoping would turn up a few good eels and huss, by the time we got half way there it was already dark but we where given a sunset that I have never seen the like of easily the best I have seen, got the anchor in around 8.45 within no time at all the dogs where on to us two in the first couple of minutes, then wilks hooked into something a lot better after a fair little scrap we landed a huss about 12lb long but very thin I reckon in two months time it would have weighed a good 14lb,after that is was dog city all night decided to get some kip at around midnight after 20 or so dogs i was getting sick of unhooking them wilky fished on for a few more hours but could only find more dogs and tuned in a few hours later friday morning we set off to the mark I was hoping would produce 10 miles to the west the sea mist lifted and it was a nice morning indeed we got to our mark which was over smooth ground and set the anchor ,I reckon the dogs followed us across the bay and after several I had a very nice take on peeler i guessed what it may have been by the fight it put up a pretty little starry smoothhound around five pound still it was a good start and early in the year for them and then nothing but dogs for an hour time to move again only about a thouand metres or so and I hooked into another hound and it gave me a right old fight after this I took another 4 hounds strange thing was wilky was fishing the same rig bait weight trace length but just couldnt connect I ended up with 6 three around the seven pound mark one of 5lb and two around the three ound mark, pictures to follow

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done paul,
great to hear the hounds are about, the tope should be right behind them,

Andy
looking to go to the same mark tomorrow you wouldnt believe it no takers at all anyone fancy a trip out tomorrow?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd love to get out m8, but i'm working most of this weekend,

i've got to put the finishing touches to my boat so i can get her on the water next weekend or the weekend after at the latest,

best of luck Andy

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
Hey Paul,

wilkybarkid's gone out on the p*ss . I've had a look at the photo's and there are some crackers. Heres one to for you to have a look at. I'll leave the rest for him to post tomorrow.

that is a cracking sea , just like glass , also nice report paul throughly enjoyed reading it :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is a cracking sea , just like glass , also nice report paul throughly enjoyed reading it :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
last offer if someone fancys a free trip tomorrow bait supplied bacon sarnis thrown in pm me and you are on my golden rule is never fish on a boat alone so if no takers I wont be going out youhave half an hour and I am going to bed so pm me quick or you will regret it when you see the photoes tomorrow

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
oh my god i would so come but i have to work.
very annoyed now as i wud love it:(
cant believe u have no takers mate.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
it was a good day..nice one pauly.:clap3: ..cant believe i didnt hook into a hound.hopefully next time.just had a phone call from paul hes on the same mark and has had a 10lb smut already.heres a few pics..

sunset over crow point

starry

huss

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy cow ... and St Paul had no takers today!
went out on my own as the conditions where great had another couple but it was slower, out again tomorrow going to try another mark close by

·
Registered
143 Posts
went out on my own as the conditions where great had another couple but it was slower, out again tomorrow going to try another mark close by
God i some times HATE WORK. it's the last week of the sking season this week so when i return from Italy (yet another weeks sking free) hopefully, Paul, i should be cracking on with my boat to be able to join you out there.
great report mate made me pig sick to read what I am missing.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol...that was brekky...yum:) ..

went out with fr paul again to a mark near fridays outing

paul does it again and pulls out 2 hounds biggest about 10lb...another good day:)

yeh it was a good day mate I reckon the next spring will bring them right it takes patience to fish through the dogs on this mark and you get through 30-40 peelers in a session but I would be willing to use that many for just one they fight like demons by the way does anyone know why we only catch females in the bay and they are never with pup?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Missed your offer of the free trip Mr. Morgan, as pleasing the wife (for once) with Ground Force type garden re-designs (and not logged on (to WSF) for a couple of days!) should you be suffering with lack of a crew in the future, then please PM me as I would use any excuse under the sun to get out for the day!

Could trade decent Cod fishing shore sessions (from next September) in the upper Bristol Channel.

The picture with the Malteaser box laden with the Kronenbourg can prompted me to post this, as looks like a proper night out!

Be good to come down and meet you guys, cheers for now, Nick.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
heres a short video clip of paul returning a hound..this one didnt perform for the camera and shot straight down.unlike the others that shot along the surface like an exocet..

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
heres a short video clip of paul returning a hound..this one didnt perform for the camera and shot straight down.unlike the others that shot along the surface like an exocet..

that came out really well mate

1 - 20 of 21 Posts