World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a day out on the seawitch at a mark that was productive last year for hounds I reckon I made the wrong shout we left the taw torridge and went north the Idea was if there where no hounds about we would have a drift around the headland for macky and bass we had a few dogs but it was a dead cert it was going to be quiet so went into the cabin and put the bacon on. this tactic has worked well for me over the years and sure enough just as it was going crispy I looked out on deck to see my rod bent in half wilky and chopper my company for the day where nearby and wilky grabbed the rod switch the cooker off quick grabbed the rod off him yes!! good fish on after a nice fight a nice 14lb common smoothound was boated god I love those fish after a while it became clear they wernt there in any numbers we decided to drift a bit with feathers and lures we had 10 or so macky and three or 4 small pollack dead loss really so back to the reef again wilky wa snapped up on a good hound a few more dogs and that was about our lot.going south tomorrow see if thats any better

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
:notworthycan i come please mister?...i have peeler...lol

good day out matey and a cracking fish..15lb in the net so the bugger was a good 14lber mate..

yer tis`

also, is it normal to stroke someone elses smut?:g:..i`m from devon and to be honest ive never seen grown men stroke a shark like that before:blink: is this normal?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:notworthycan i come please mister?...i have peeler...lol

good day out matey and a cracking fish..15lb in the net so the bugger was a good 14lber mate..

yer tis`

also, is it normal to stroke someone elses smut?:g:..i`m from devon and to be honest ive never seen grown men stroke a shark like that before:blink: is this normal?

that chopper is a known fish fiddler mate

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twas a nice fish col but 5lb short of my pb but the best hound I have had scince living in devon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts