World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>At last caught my biggest bass ever from the shore.

Weighed in at 4.25kg = 9.56lb

Took the beauty on mackerel fillet with a couple of rag strapped on with elastic. Used a pulley rig with 2/0 hooks, and literely just lobbed the bait out in front of me.

Also landed a 3 1/2lb bass & 1 poor cod (1lb) and a pouting.

They are out there&#33;&#33;&#33;

The (Bass Hunting) Bear</font>

·
Registered
170 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hi glad to hear it i also caught a 8lb bass down ogmore-by-sea a week last sunday night on low water mackril and squid bait going down tonight around ten anyone out there want to join me?
</font>

·
Registered
557 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Hi  Bear&#33;
Well done&#33;
It looks like you are having quite a season&#33;
I wonder, what was the bottom like at LLANTWIT MAJOR?
I fished the Nash point recently and lost a lot of tackle.
Did you fish at night?
Thanks&#33;</font>

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>Hi vlad have you tried using lead lifts made out of vitalite tubs, I find that when I use a kite above the weight I tend to lose less gear, however they become a problem in strong tides as they give extra drag.

Also if you do not already maybe you should use weak links to attach the weight to minimise overall terminal tackle loss.</font>

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#000000'>Hi Vlad,

The bottom at Llantwit is pretty clean although there are clusters of rocks which arent too troublesome. Put it this was I didnt snag at all.

And yes it was a night tide, I wouldnt waste my time in the day light as the bass get spooked really easily and dont come in too close to feed. Although if you have really rough weather then you may land a decent fish as I did a couple of seasons ago.

Hope that helps.

The Bear</font>

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>ps dont be tempted to launch you bait 150 yards just lob it 20 -30 yards</font>

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (The Bear @ Aug. 25 2004,08:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><font color='#000000'>ps dont be tempted to launch you bait 150 yards just lob it 20 -30 yards</font>[/b][/quote]
<font color='#000000'>That&#39;s very good advice for a lot of Welsh beaches. You&#39;d be surprised to see how close-in many species hunt&#33;&#33;

Cheers - John</font>

·
Registered
557 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Thanks for the tips everybody&#33;</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts