World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im am in a veary bad mood today beacause i was fishing down at babacombe pier and i hooked a massive bass on my flout using a live mackeral as i got it to the steps it spat the hook out and swam away 10 mins later a holiday macker came next to where i was fishing put his corse fishing flout down with a tiny bit of mackeral on the hook the hook was a small corse fishing hook and he caught the bass that came of my rod before.when he weighed the fish i was 10lb and what made it worse was that he asked me for some bait and that is waght caught him the bass.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Did you hook the Mackeral with trebbles? If it managed to spit out a barbed hook that was set then thats bloody unlucky.

I spent an hour digging bait for myself and a mate last year and he caught 3 bass over three pounds and I had sweet FA all night! Sods law **** happens :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
bassmaster said:
im am in a veary bad mood today beacause i was fishing down at babacombe pier and i hooked a massive bass on my flout using a live mackeral as i got it to the steps it spat the hook out and swam away 10 mins later a holiday macker came next to where i was fishing put his corse fishing flout down with a tiny bit of mackeral on the hook the hook was a small corse fishing hook and he caught the bass that came of my rod before.when he weighed the fish i was 10lb and what made it worse was that he asked me for some bait and that is waght caught him the bass.
the one that got away,i have a good nack at this, while my mates laugh at my description off, 5 mins of battling so i know it would have been a good un,
totally gutted,but hay another day another time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts