World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi tried those cheap shads today and landed 6 bass from 2lb to the big one 17lb 4 o/z the shads were awsome and only £3 pound per packet what a bargain i think they will be a big hit and i am fishing tuesday got to be done all the bass went back unharmed

tight lines

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well done m8........ :D

Been thinking of buying the shads but didnt think they would work.....

Need to get some now and try them uop here in scotland..... :)

I'll let u know if i catch anything....

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Congrats Todd, a fish of a lifetime! Well done and what a great example to us all of catch and release!

Must have been a great moment when it broke surface. Was it shore or boat caught? Won't be rude and ask where as refusal can sometimes offend!!!!!!!!!!
Pity you've no photy! Did you measure it's length/girth by any chance, or even keep some scales?
Have a look at this site:
http://www.ukbass.com/
They are always involved with Bass conservation and are collecting scales from 30-38cm ( much, much smaller than your monster!) fish this Summer

Is this the biggest Bass on this site this year??

·
Registered
88 Posts
i am a big fan of the shads, i've had plenty of success using them, although never caught any the size of yours :eek:

mainly catch them arround the 3lb mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well done todd on your catch i caught my first sea bass 2 weeks
ago it was only 2 1/2 LBS .since i am new to this sea fishing
what is shads :eek:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Artificial, soft rubber lures, feeling very lifelike, in roughly a fish shape with an eel like tail thats designed to look and act like a real fish tail in the water! They are often (usually) weighted so that they have casting weight and sink head first when allowed to sink momentarily, and then drawn to give life. They often (usually) have a large single hook arranged so that it is drawn hook-up (curve down, on its back) to allow it to be pulled through weed with less chance of snagging. They are often used as 'jigging' lures from a boat in deep water where an 'up-and-down jerking or jigging proves attractive. Many are sold with out hooks so that you can use sizes you want. Obviously the cheaper ones allow them to become almost 'throwaway' lures as you often use them in weedy places where Bass are chasing small baitfish.

There's a lot more about them and other lures in the Tackle and fishing section of this site (White writing on blue background to the left of the listed forums on the home page. Have a look at Lure Fishing.

If you want to see what they look like put Shad lures into e-bay, where there is a good selection. Wait before you buy as there are masses of designs and huge differences in prices! Doubtless there will be many posters who will post links to their personal outlets!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[bass from boat in channell islands didnt measure got a photo also took bream turbot brill pollock ling had a good time and released some of the turbot and brill

of fishing again see you soon

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
this man can not be trusted as he is a con artist. he will steal your money as he has been trying to do in the past.
everyone knows who you are and you have no credibility :)
this man is also paul1234
shad
bailybridger
xboxer
fudd
and i know that people are looking into ways of getting rid of him.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Ian, did Lisa not give you your pills this morning? Chill out mate and do what I am doing today, get out fishing and catch your own 18lb bass on your split cane rod and bent pin. :D

Calm down, it's only a commercial ;)

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
i have to agree with you on this ian, waste of space springs to mind :D

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
C'mon Todd let's see the photograph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Cmon lads you can publish what you know as well. Innocent 'til proven guilty and all that.

Give Todd, paul1234, shad, bailybridger, xboxer, fudd, or whoever he is the chance to clear his name or come clean! Has he really got all those aliases on one E-mail, is that possible to do on this site?

Multiple personality or what???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seems like a certain person is being very sneaky and underhanded, up to a point I am with Ian on this one having done a hell of a lot of checking up on solicitors on the internet following certain claims, being a professional myself I think somebody is certainly claiming to be something their NOT!

Come on people this is a friendly site for like minded people to share ideas, inspiration and fishing morality!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts