World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I need a BIG rucksack for all my gear as sick of lugging my box about plus dont fancy a breakaway type carry thing for the box...

So need something strong, that can take flasks, gear, clothes etc...my framed rucksack doesnt do the job as its tall but thin if that makes sence..

the kind of shape im looking for is like the mustard surf...big and square

any of you got any ideas ? or tried and tested opinions, as for example heard the imax are not that great ? but also heard bad reports on the mustard...

cheers

tom

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Hi All,

I need a BIG rucksack for all my gear as sick of lugging my box about plus dont fancy a breakaway type carry thing for the box...

So need something strong, that can take flasks, gear, clothes etc...my framed rucksack doesnt do the job as its tall but thin if that makes sence..

the kind of shape im looking for is like the mustard surf...big and square

any of you got any ideas ? or tried and tested opinions, as for example heard the imax are not that great ? but also heard bad reports on the mustard...

cheers

tom
I often use my old forces bergen when off for a long session.
I can get my fishing gear, clothes, food, Tent, sleeping bag, lights.
Have a look on a car boot sale or something.
I can easily get enough gear in it for a 2 day trip.

L

·
0 Posts
I've got the Imax 35 Litre and although it will be too small for you the bag is well made, well designed and a doddle to carry - they do a slightly larger 55 ltr version which may be OK - I'd say they warrant a closer look!

·
Registered
377 Posts
The 35L Imax is spot on so the 55L is well worth a look. Mustad would be fine to carry your gear to the beach. Questionable though if it would last long enough to get it back to the car when you pack up:) :)
Mind if you look on here too long everything will get slagged off at some time or another:g: :g:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got the mustad surf rucksack. It's so big, that it gets uncomfortable quickly when it's full. I would try and scale the gear down enough to fit in the Mustad Rover rucksack. Cheaper and more compact, but still has a great capacity.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Have a look at ebay Item number: 280093558672 (100 ltr sack) or Item number: 290092974942 (65 ltr). I use the smaller one and you can get side pouches for both which adds another 20 litres, if you're running short on space and are feeling strong! :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Shakespeare Salt rucksack. 35 litres for £18. Holds absolutely everything. Dunno how they do it for the money.

Stu

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you want a massive rucksack like a 75 or 85 litre theb i suggest going to your local outdoors shop. Karrimor, Lowe Alpine, Berghaus, etc will all produce large, well built rucksacks which are much more hard wearing than the ones produced by the fishing manufacturers. Try Blacks or Millets, both have sales on at the moment. I personally use a 25litre Berghaus day pack and the titan utility waste belt, however i do try to travel light. On easier venues such as piers i prefer to use my large Shakepseare Team Box it seems to swallow an endless amount of tackle.

C

·
0 Posts
Ibought the mutad rucksack but soon changed it for the shakspeare salt this is the mutts nuts carries everything you need to fish two rods and two spare reels two salt trace wallets (stunning bit of kit) a large flask about 5lb of lead two peice floaty and still has two outside pockets and two mesh pockets and one lid pocket

thts a lot of twos innit

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
There's only one problem with large rucksacks - the tendency to fill 'em.

The amount of gear "required" for a fishing session expands in direct relationship to the space available.

I've often thought that we should all be compelled to a period of living on a boat, it's surprising just how little you "need" when space and weight really are at a premium

·
Registered
996 Posts
There's only one problem with large rucksacks - the tendency to fill 'em.

The amount of gear "required" for a fishing session expands in direct relationship to the space available.

I've often thought that we should all be compelled to a period of living on a boat, it's surprising just how little you "need" when space and weight really are at a premium
that is so true i got a trakker rucky for an amazing price(i better not say what as my local tackle dealer might ban me!!)it's 85 litres and i hardly use any of the extra gear i packed in it after using my 30 litre day pack.

it's a bit like a shed the bigger it is the more crap i seem to fill it up with!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use the mustad rover,but its massive,i find it too big now,there is only so much you can put in,i'm gonna buy something a bit smaller.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the comments guys.

Wooky - I looked up your ebay refs and "bagged on" excuse the pun, thanks mate...

Ian - Meant to say thanks, dusted off some pulley pennels earlier this year that were great, hopefully will use the rest during the spring run.

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts