World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all ,I am for once ,lost for words, I will just show You the photos ,they speak for themselves!! This is a genuine 15lb Cod caught by Mr Yasar Karatac from Colindale ,N/W London. He and his fishing partner came in to the shop on sat to pick up the bait ordered plus pauline sold him some blueys as she had heard of one or 2 bass coming in by the boats. Yasar had this cod just up from the boats on a 5/0 pennal baited with bluey at smack on high water in the early hours today. We weighed the fish in at the Seabrook saa bbq pairs match at 3 pm today on official club scales-this only leaves one question .Is it the first double figure beach cod of the 2009 season or the last of 2008/9 season ? !!! What a weird summer this is turning out to be!!

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
well done that man super fish and mad cos its in the middle of the summer!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
thats a beauty mick how many sessions over 3,4 even 5 days have been had there to try and bag a double figure cod this year, as far as i am aware that is the first this year from the beach.
there have been a few close ones but nothing that big .
well done to the guy that bagged it and lets hope that its not a stray and there are more to come bring it on and get lots for bait in m8 lol.

tight lines len

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
thats a beauty mick how many sessions over 3,4 even 5 days have been had there to try and bag a double figure cod this year, as far as i am aware that is the first this year from the beach.
there have been a few close ones but nothing that big .
well done to the guy that bagged it and lets hope that its not a stray and there are more to come bring it on and get lots for bait in m8 lol.

tight lines len
There are loads of Cod mid channel at the mo. Even guys fishing 4 Bass witht live Joeys cant stop catching them. It can only bode well for the forthcoming Cod season.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Beauty of a fish from the beach, and quite an unseasonal catch.Theres plenty getting reported offshore, but for a fish from the beach at this time of year, thats a cracker.

A good few years back, i watched a guy take a 21lb cod off the end of Folkestone pier in July on a single lug intended for flatfish. We were next to him, floatfishing in flat calm, crystal clear water for mullet, when he asked me to help with the net, i looked over the side and couldnt belive my eyes. So you just never know whats about

Raider.

·
Registered
392 Posts
:doh::cry::oops::oops: obviously think's it's a Bass:doh::doh:delusion's of grandeur, smell's a nice big fish bait and snaffles it whilst thinking [ cor this water's a bit warm]!!!!!:headhurt: why am i so dull lookimg whilst all my friend's are shining and silvery , where is my calender? seriously, what a great fish ,that would have been extra special in the depth's of winter let alone now.:1a:

G

·
good old dungy!

always a good chance of a decent fish down there.

i'm gonna be spending a lot of time down there this winter due to my new job!:happy::happy:

·
Registered
248 Posts
top fish :1a: on the note of the run i think it has started, on 1.7.09 in the thames just by wind-farm 3 codling to 3lb all with dark pellys so just come in from deep water off shore

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Unbelievable!!!!

I had a walk along the beach yesterday daytime high tide and the water was clear. I was thinking the mackies, gars and bass will be in within a few days if it keeps up, not bloomin double figure cod!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i remember a few years back a 19lb cod was caught on the addy in the middle of summer by a young lad fluff chucking for makkies.

·
Registered
236 Posts
what a fish... brilliant stuff... the long drives to kent are gonna start earlier than i thought by the looks of it! :yeah:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
by the looks of it that fish would of weighed 20lb plus in the winter it just looks gutless but still a great fish for the winter let alone the hight of our english SUMMER well done that man :clap2::fishing1::fishing:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
OOh Yes looks like it might be a good cod season on the way:yeah::yeah:
Squiders might put Russ's Bass up what you think mate?
Rock on Yaser ,well done

·
Registered
785 Posts
What a cracking fish, well done that man.
Summer, winter , spring, whenever-----theres always a chance of a decent fish---specially at dunge------the ol' jungle drums will be 'a beatin now.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Great fish..........Roll on winter carn't wait........................:victory:

·
Registered
533 Posts
im coming up from swansea at the end of the month and wanted to ask what was the best rigs to use and also what bait for dungie? can bring crab, sandeel, rag etc!! thanx, the bandit!! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts