World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video of a 15.4lb bass caught on a lure over in Italy :clap2::yeah::thumbs:

[video=youtube;Fugn6QaN8h8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fugn6QaN8h8&feature=plcp[/video]

Bellissimo!

It's absolutely hammering it down where I am so it cheered up my morning for sure. Fish of a lifetime.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,730 Posts
took one look , saw the boat , turned it off ...

Never ever been impressed with boat caught doubles , when you have fished the race and wrecks like i have , with 3 top anglers on every boat i have been on ,

(i am not a top boat angler , but have caught plenty of doubles off a boat , that i dont count on my list )

Just last year , a skipper took his son out here , (he had never fished before ) 2 drops , 2 doubles , ask joe , he was there when skipper told us ,

15 half , and nearly 13 ,,, shads i believe ,, Great skill from a boat .... :blink::nonono::yucky:

I know people with little boats and yaks will not give a monkeys , and there doubles are meaning full , but when your on a boat that was pulling up 15 doubles a trip ,

over reefs and wrecks , it very hard for me to get excited , and for that im truly sorry :sad2:

Give me a shore caught 6 to 8 pounder any day of the week , lots more skill and effort to get the thing IMHO , :thumbs:

Knees are going , ill be on a boat one day , but it wont be any skill involved believe me ,,, numbers and size will be silly , easier than shelling peas ...

Still a cracking fish , but a bass of a life time is SHORE caught imho . :thumbs:

Am loving the sea spin lures ,, have a fair few my self , they love the long mommoti this time of year and early season ...

The pro q surface lures are VERY VERY good to :thumbs: great prices to

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are your views on fishing in yer pants though Mark?

Ut oh, I haven't just opened up a can of worms about the fact one can get pants just as good as Calvin's for £4.99 if you look around? The elastic lasts just as long, the colour stays intact a long time if you varnish them, they hide skids just as well as Calvin's and you never get stung on import duty and VAT.

No red pants though eh?

·
Registered
25,236 Posts

Never ever been impressed with boat caught doubles , when you have fished the race and wrecks like i have , with 3 top anglers on every boat i have been on ,

(i am not a top boat angler , but have caught plenty of doubles off a boat , that i dont count on my list )

Just last year , a skipper took his son out here , (he had never fished before ) 2 drops , 2 doubles , ask joe , he was there when skipper told us ,

15 half , and nearly 13 ,,, shads i believe ,, Great skill from a boat .... :blink::nonono::yucky:

I know people with little boats and yaks will not give a monkeys , and there doubles are meaning full , but when your on a boat that was pulling up 15 doubles a trip ,

over reefs and wrecks , it very hard for me to get excited , and for that im truly sorry :sad2:

Give me a shore caught 6 to 8 pounder any day of the week , lots more skill and effort to get the thing IMHO , :thumbs:

Knees are going , ill be on a boat one day , but it wont be any skill involved believe me ,,, numbers and size will be silly , easier than shelling peas ...

Still a cracking fish , but a bass of a life time is SHORE caught imho . :thumbs:

Am loving the sea spin lures ,, have a fair few my self , they love the long mommoti this time of year and early season ...

LOL I can imagine an elderly mark sitting in his boat,checking occasionally that his macky livebaits are ok and watching his white plastic containers bobbing in the tide.:spiteful: Nowt like a bit of canning.:thumbs:

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts

hear hear mark, bit like the tropical sailfish, someone else drives the boat finds the fish prepairs the bait and tackle then drives the boat until someone else winds the fish in for the photo after being told what to do.
CRB been the top colour on the seaspins and they dont leak either

one exception on the double bass from the boats that old guy who had the record pictured on plymouth hoe, by all accounts hed row out to the eddystone on his own with his redgill in an opentop boat to be fair thats some effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts