World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I met with and fished the tide up from 20:00 - 02:00 with pompeyboy (Stu) and a mate from work last eve.

A cracking evening spent by the waters edge, catching up with a few yarns as I still have no home internet connect yet, and managed to have 7 rods out between us.

Fishing was quite, like the water and wind, until 22:00, when my rod went ballistic, fortunately I had anchored on to the railings and this prevented it from sliding off into the dark water. :uhuh: Stu was amazed at the pendulum action of the rod, with a bite of such force. When I returned to the rod, Stu and co where trying to untie it for me. With rod in hand, a little drag on I managed to land a lovely 4lb bass:clap3: . Stu has promised to post a piccy (bet he's chopped it to size), so you'll have to wait out for that. The other two had no action so we decided to move, bad choice, as we moved to an are occupied by 7 others so moved back around to the original space some 30 minutes after we left.

First recast, the line screamed to the right, then to the left getting stuck under a limpet and me having to scale down to release it. Finally deciding to reel in after only 30 seconds in the water, I had a lovely 14.5inch rockling (which was returned).

The bass, Stu, mate from work, and I left at 02:00 slightly cold, as the chill had increased, but we had a great evening.:clap2:

Hope the bass continue

Cheers
Ivor

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Bait, tactics, general location?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Location= HASLAR WALL
Bait = Ragworm tipped with squid
Tactics = One hook clipped down size 3/0

the bass came at 2 hours after low water and the rockling at 2 hours to high tide,high tide was at 2.28am and the height was 4.5 meters hope this helps a few people have said that it may be a little early for the bass(in numbers for that area)but it was still good to see one com out...............:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ivor and Stu ..... good trip and report and pictures, Great Bass for this time of year (or is it ?) knowing what the Winter has been like ...... :g:

graham

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
good stuff glad you had a good night. have to join you guys soon

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good to see you still pulling the bass in Ivor!
Great report - looking forward to fishing with you soon
Niall

1 - 11 of 11 Posts