World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Dorset (Bridport) soon and am looking for any sound advice regarding fishing the area. I have been told to head for the fishing tackle shop and see BIG TOM apparently he's the main man in the area,( been told he's got muscles on his muscles so cant miss him) also there's another guy chidzoy something or other who's supposed to be a decent angler might get some advice from him, however I would appreciate advice from any angler who's familiar with the area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you could try al newman , weymouth. but once at bridport take the coast road B3157 towards weymouth this will give you the option of fishing at west bay , burton bradtock, west bexington, abbotsbury right threw to portland all have been fishing well best bait fresh caught mackerel plenty about of chesil

·
Registered
874 Posts
BIG TOM? That'll make chidzy chuckle. No, they are a helpful bunch in there. As for where to go you could try Burton Bradstock as there have been some good catches of rays and plenty of mackerel shoals. If you want bream, head to chesil cove where you will also pick up gurnard, hounds and possibly triggers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BIG TOM? That'll make chidzy chuckle. No, they are a helpful bunch in there. As for where to go you could try Burton Bradstock as there have been some good catches of rays and plenty of mackerel shoals. If you want bream, head to chesil cove where you will also pick up gurnard, hounds and possibly triggers.
You obviously are aware of these guys, I just hope they are not a couple of doughnuts! lol, looking forward to mid-September thanks for the info

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chidzy aint no doughnut mate, if you want to know how to fish chesil then he is the man to ask.
Does that mean Big Tom is a doughnut then? lol...I had heard that this chids guy is a bit warm but then again you often hear that, did you know he left a woman broken hearted last time he visited gods country she was seventy three lovley blue rinse hairstyle and a scout-mistress to boot!!!Dave was not interested though, she never got over the rejection ....HAD A HEART ATTACK DURING BLOODY BINGO! Seriously though I am really looking forward to spending some time fishing chesil with Dave. I'm also looking forward to meeting all the guys from west bay water sports (I'm told it is a excellent shop offering a friendly and informative service). ROLL ON SEPTEMBER LADS, I CAN'T WAIT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts