World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads, had my biggest of the season on friday, anchored the boat somewhere near the north cardiff buoy and had a reasonable few hours fishing, caught 2 strap conger , a few very good whiting and 4 cod the best went 17lb , was well chuffed with that one i can tell you, the other 3 cod were between 3--5 lb and all cod were in great condition, well i hope i get the same luck sunday in the boat comp.

tight lines ...TAFFY

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Taffy 41. Did you use your own boat? I want to launch mine sometime this month and was wondering where to go? I have access to the Penarth slipway and there is the one at Bleachley.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Welcome 1954. hi taff hows things, bit of a result 4 u m8. well done. whats the comp on sunday. and there r some lovely whiting coming off the beaches as well..

·
Registered
113 Posts
a good cod was lost of the shore lastnite,got it right under his feet,rod lunging,but lost the bugger,hopfully this is the start to a good season of lunkers
steve

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
BOBC, i can believe it m8, my buddy lost a huge bugger last monday, its easy done..there r some good fish out there. lets get the buggers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi M.P.H. yes m8 i did use my own boat, but she's on permanent moorings in cardiff bay. my best advice to you mate is to join one of the clubs in cardiff that way if you're fishing a couple of times every week you wont have the prob of launch fees or waiting to be launched/retrieved etc.plus you will get all the benefits of being a club member. but to answer you're question their used to be a free slip on the seafront at penarth but whether its still available i'm not sure m8.sorry i can't be any more help to you than this ,but if you ever need any help just contact us.

tight lines ......TAFFY

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hiya poach....sorry ive not been on here much m8 been so busy this past few weeks and trying to get out on the boat as often as i can lol..yes that was a real nice fish, taken uptiding using lug/squid cocktail,.the compis just a xmas club comp for the angling members of the boat club mate. i hope you're getting you're share of cod off the beaches m8..yes some of the whiting are bloody huge, great eating , talking of which i'm off for some grub see you later

tight lines ......TAFFY.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Taffy,
I live in Worcestershire therefore my boat is on a trailer. I've taken it out in North and West Wales plus a couple of trips from Beachley. The slipway for Penarth is next to the pier. It would be good to arrange a trip with another boat because the Bristol channel has some pretty strong currents. How for out do you normally go in the boat? I enquired about the Cardiff club but with buying the boat, insuring it and doing the RYA level 2 course I couldn't really justify spending more money. Perhaps next year. I caught my biggest cod this year 11 1/2 lb from Redwick. First time over 10lbs in 35 years of sea fishing. From the shore I've been catching quite a few cod, normally on the spring tides and I want to get out in the boat on the neaps.
Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Congratulations! Some big fish, 17lb!! Makes me quite envious. I have a little dinghy but it's been laid up for about 10 years. Mind you I never did the anchoring the hooks with 20ozs but used it to go to shore marks that I had to leave as the tide rose.

My question is simple. When does a codling become a Cod? Chances are that my 6 pounders are still codling after all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts