World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has been your biggest fish you have caught?
what species?
what size?
and
what weight?
if you have a picture that would be nice!

my biggest fish is a mackerel
i didnt weigh i because i used is straight away as live bait but things can only get better!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Beefcake,

My fish of a lifetime is a 100lb+ Conger caught out of Mudeford in August last year. The fish was over 8ft long and the weight was estimated by the skipper before it was returned. I used a Daiwa TDXB 2050 rod coupled with a Shimano TLD 20 reel with 50lb Whiplash. The bait was a Mackerel flapper.

I have some pictures and if someone will explain how to exhibit them on the Forum I will do so after Christmas. My computer skills are much to be desired as are my fishing skills some of the time.

Any advice on how to put pictures on the Forum would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation

Drew

·
Registered
380 Posts
My biggest fish to date, was also my first conger, 32lb and boy did she put up a fight, almost an hour from strike to shore!

For bait I used fresh whiting, so fresh it was off one hook onto the other.

It was at the bottom of Jennycliff, Plymouth in the middle of the night in between eating the fresh bait cooked on an open fire.

After hooking her, I then had to somehow get her lifted 20feet ish from the water to the cliffedge.

Those were the days, shortly after that however, I became disabled and after a break of almost 12 years I'm back at the game only this time in Scotland.

tight lines etc etc
:)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
biggest fish this year was a 27lb tope

although my mate had a 45lb and a 48lb tope the same day, so i had the baby of the day :O(

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sting Ray. 24lb. 2/0 pennel rig. 18lb main line, 60lb trace. Bait - whole scad. Varna -Black sea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
my biggest fish is a codling of 8lb caught off the pier 1 week ago i know its only small compared to wot some of wot you guys catch but made me happy.........lol

P

·
0 Posts
My biggest fish so far is a 6 1/4lb bass from the shore, it was over 24" long and thick set. The bait used was a 2" piece of sandeel, and yes, I caught it float fishing :D

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Phil the Float said:
My biggest fish so far is a 6 1/4lb bass from the shore, it was over 24" long and thick set. The bait used was a 2" piece of sandeel, and yes, I caught it float fishing :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:banghead:

LoL;)

My biggest fish..ive actually got 4 the same weight(more or less)

7lb Bass(ogmore beach,4/0 pennel rig,peeler crab)
7lb bullhuss(mumbles pier,3/0 pennel rig,Mackeral Fillet)
7lb starry smoothhound(Porthcawl Pier,3/0 Pennel,Whole Squid)
7-8lb small eyed ray(Porthcawl pier.2/0 aberdeens,2 hook paternoster,slice of mackeral)

All caught this year.

Marcus:wave:

F

·
0 Posts
beefcake said:
What has been your biggest fish you have caught?
what species?
what size?
and
what weight?
if you have a picture that would be nice!
Could always look at peoples profiles on the left and see as well :preachon:

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,214 Posts
Biggest EVER fish was the 21lb Pike that I dragged out of an Irish Lough about 9 years ago.PHIL!! I CAUGHT IT ON A FLOAT!!!! ;)

Wish I could catch 20 pounders from the shore. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
10lb small eyed ray at witches and a 15lb shore caught conger from the deeps. Ray took a squid/sandeel cocktail and the conger was taken on whole squid whilst after bass!

·
Registered
288 Posts
21lb 4oz pike caught on River Suck in Ireland this time last year hope to do better this year on the pike and also with a tope next year.

·
Registered
946 Posts
17lb conger from Aberthaw.

Luckily there were 3 anglers nearby who helped my get it up onto the ledges after a good 20 minute fight. It took the 4 of us another 20 minutes to get the damn thing weighed and back in the water !!!!!!

It was hissing and biting everything :D

Had it on half a peeler crab, single 2/0 hook and 15lb amnesia hooklengths........"I should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky" :D

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
My Best catch is 17 cod in a 6 hour session down Skinningrove jetty ( no pic )
But my biggest is a 7½ lb cod caught on Whitby west whole squid & 6/0 pennal rig.
"When I get the 20 pounder I'll post a photo ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
mines a 32lb cod on the boat which took 4 whole squid on an 8/0 penell. and an 18lb conger from the shore which took a live pouting while bass fishing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts