World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working in London I stopped at the fish market on the way home. I bought for bait 10 kilos of unwashed squid for £15.00 and a couple of kilo's of razor for £5.00 a kilo, I think that was a bargain.

They also had fresh cuttlefish that I think could be worth a try and uncooked tiger prawns at around £4.00 a box or they sold them in large bags for £8.00.

Not only did I buy bait but I also bought a box of natural smoked haddock 13 large fillets for £21.00 and 4 kilo bags of cooked king tiger prawns at £12.00 and a lovely fillet of Salmon for £9.00 and a kilo of Scotish oak smoked salmon for a tenner.

I enjoyed walking around and will def go again well worth a visit. Got there at around 04.30 and trading started at 5.00.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can park in the car park in Billingsgate, if your comeing throught the limehouse link tunnel you take the first turning off after the tunnel towards Isle of Dogs at the roundabout take the second exit near McDonalds and streight into the market car park.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
It's an education just to walk around a fish market like Billingsgate!

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Working in London I stopped at the fish market on the way home. I bought for bait 10 kilos of unwashed squid for £15.00 and a couple of kilo's of razor for £5.00 a kilo, I think that was a bargain.

They also had fresh cuttlefish that I think could be worth a try and uncooked tiger prawns at around £4.00 a box or they sold them in large bags for £8.00.

Not only did I buy bait but I also bought a box of natural smoked haddock 13 large fillets for £21.00 and 4 kilo bags of cooked king tiger prawns at £12.00 and a lovely fillet of Salmon for £9.00 and a kilo of Scotish oak smoked salmon for a tenner.

I enjoyed walking around and will def go again well worth a visit. Got there at around 04.30 and trading started at 5.00.
Has to be cheaper than Tescos, and you even get razorfish,never mind fresh cuttlefish.
Now, how good is that.... !
Cheers,
Davey.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
You can park in the car park in Billingsgate, if your comeing throught the limehouse link tunnel you take the first turning off after the tunnel towards Isle of Dogs at the roundabout take the second exit near McDonalds and streight into the market car park.
Cheers mate think I'll head up there this coming week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts