World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......... NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!:bb:..............There will be many disappointed Blankers out there who look up to me to lead the way in blanking as an art form I know.........but just when you think it's safe to go home again after a perfect blanking session you wind in and come face to face with the dangerous form of " Echiichthys vipera " and your whole reputation is shot!...... Never mind there is always next time to blank!...... Todays high tide at dinner time at the Glitterball..... I shan't share the tactics or tackle details for fear of giving too much away:spiteful:..... needless to say I'll be going back there in a hurry to try and repeat this success.:fish::fish:
....... I feel that I owe it all to Chris Webb for standing by me throughout my blanking career and then just accidentally slipping one of his "lucky" worms into my usual "blankers" pack..... but never mind I shall forgive in time!:whistling

Tight lines all

Billy

Attachments

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
......... NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!:bb:..............There will be many disappointed Blankers out there who look up to me to lead the way in blanking as an art form I know.........but just when you think it's safe to go home again after a perfect blanking session you wind in and come face to face with the dangerous form of " Echiichthys vipera " and your whole reputation is shot!...... Never mind there is always next time to blank!...... Todays high tide at dinner time at the Glitterball..... I shan't share the tactics or tackle details for fear of giving too much away:spiteful:..... needless to say I'll be going back there in a hurry to try and repeat this success.:fish::fish:
....... I feel that I owe it all to Chris Webb for standing by me throughout my blanking career and then just accidentally slipping one of his "lucky" worms into my usual "blankers" pack..... but never mind I shall forgive in time!:whistling

Tight lines all

Billy

:roll1::roll1::roll1:

well at least its a fish ................................even though its a weaver :whistling

tightlines.............................daz

·
Registered
821 Posts
Wow, great catch John, that'll silence the 'no hopers' - well done. Did it put up much of a struggle, or maybe it thought " BNB's got me, I surrender " ?.....:fish::giveup:
Seriously, you're a brave man going out there and giving it a go in these atrocious weather conditions of late - as you know Dave & I set off last night and packed in before we even got started....
What season are we actually in at the moment? ; it's got me stumped and the met office also from the number of daily forecast changes they get though every few hours !!!!

Phil :bye2:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:roll1::roll1::roll1:

well at least its a fish ................................even though its a weaver :whistling

tightlines.............................daz
....... to YOU it's a weever, BUT to ME it's "Echiichtys vipera".... It's that bl**dy long since I caught a fish that I seem to remember we were still speaking latin back then!!:whistling:sun::whistling

Billy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well done on catching the Viper thingy john:roll1::roll1:

Think i'll take a trip to the GB high tide tomozz if anyone else is about?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
well done billy n that big bass is just around the corner :mellow:
nice weaver

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well done billy n that big bass is just around the corner :mellow:
nice weaver
I can't wait to turn that corner Tony............ and you're right it was a magnificent specimen of the LESSER WEAVER!!:roll1::roll1::roll1:
Thanks for the encouragement all of you!
Cheers
Billy:bb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
just wanted to apologise for completely destroying your reputation as the ultimate blanker.
You should have cut its dorsal off and stuck a 4/0 through its head and thrown it back in, Turbot have a surprising liking for them!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
just wanted to apologise for completely destroying your reputation as the ultimate blanker.
You should have cut its dorsal off and stuck a 4/0 through its head and thrown it back in, Turbot have a surprising liking for them!!
Funny you should mention the Turbot bit there were a load caught at Norbreck in a net earlier this year and they had weavers in them

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny you should mention the Turbot bit there were a load caught at Norbreck in a net earlier this year and they had weavers in them
..................... :cc_surren Are you two colluding to wind me up or what?? :cc_surren:cc_surren

Do you not think that I'm ashamed enough already? You're forgetting how long it takes to become a right blanker!!...... there are plenty of other right blankers just waiting to take my crown:spiteful::spiteful: and now you tell me that there's plenty more fish in the sea and that there might even be a turbot with my name on it............ how very dare you!!:bb::bb:

Cheers all

Billy

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
billy i have embarked on the well troden blanker path myself of late,not had a fish in my last 4 outings,all on the gynn wall, i am thinking of taking up knitting then at least if i drop one i can pearl one to make up for it.
seems like only yesterday we were all wishing the water to be warmer,then it was the winds to turn to the sw,now i am waiting for the cod to arrive. it has been a short summer
this is how bad its getting, on my last sight seeing expedition even billy no fish caught a flatty,and in the comp i blanked and he caught.things are getting dire

edit make that 5 blanks in a row

1 - 12 of 12 Posts