World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Not often you will ever see me start a story but this is something else.
Fishing last night over high water, a friend of mine Steve landed what is arguably the best fish ever caught off the Fylde Coast. Steve bagged himself a 3lb 4oz BLACK BREAM!!!! More to the point he LOST an even bigger one. He says the fish were biting all night but he kept missing them so eventually just left his rod alone until he though it had hooked itself and BINGO!! The same happened some 20 minutes later and this one was twice as big as the one he landed but he lost it on the slade.
He has just got some more bait and will be there again tonight!!
He brought it in to the shop at 8.30am and I have taken a couple of pictures.
Fishing black worm 40 yards out on a (wait for it) 6/0 black aberdeen. Steve fishes down there a lot and though he has caught many decent fish but this is without question his finest. If I knew how to upload pictures I would put them up for you. He has a couple from his phone landing it, and I have a couple for people to see too.
This is a remarkable catch I think everyone will agree.

chris

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
nice one there was a gilthead caught at rossal 2 or 3 weeks ago as well they seem to be moving further and further north each year

where abouts was it caught ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've been regulary catching black bream this time of year near the Isle of Whithorn for a few years now - not really that far from Blackpool.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You surprise me with the Bream at Rossall, I have have heard of plenty caught around rocky, clear water marks around Wales, Cornwall Scotland etc, But not opposite the Mirror Ball at Harrowside!!!,

Cheers

·
Registered
821 Posts
The catch has been confirmed by a well respected and trusted local source who has identified it as a gilthead, in which case, very well done that angler!!
I expect it may be a bit busy out there tonight. LOL. Nice to hear of a great catch in these current sparse times we have been experiencing.

Phil :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
yes i can confirm i have seen the photos and is definetly a gilthead bream the pictures are up in chris webbs shop and to think he lost a much bigger one ,on worm as well :clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
:clap3:Well done globle warming eh wonder what other fish will be swiming round off blackpool

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Hi Guys,
Not often you will ever see me start a story but this is something else.
Fishing last night over high water, a friend of mine Steve landed what is arguably the best fish ever caught off the Fylde Coast. Steve bagged himself a 3lb 4oz BLACK BREAM!!!! More to the point he LOST an even bigger one. He says the fish were biting all night but he kept missing them so eventually just left his rod alone until he though it had hooked itself and BINGO!! The same happened some 20 minutes later and this one was twice as big as the one he landed but he lost it on the slade.
He has just got some more bait and will be there again tonight!!
He brought it in to the shop at 8.30am and I have taken a couple of pictures.
Fishing black worm 40 yards out on a (wait for it) 6/0 black aberdeen. Steve fishes down there a lot and though he has caught many decent fish but this is without question his finest. If I knew how to upload pictures I would put them up for you. He has a couple from his phone landing it, and I have a couple for people to see too.
This is a remarkable catch I think everyone will agree.

chris
been in to see Chris today as i was sceptical about the catch :giveup:

but i will hold my hands up Ive talked to this lad before and its a bonafide gilt head { not black } bream

and here's the pic

sorry about the quality but i took a pic of the original that's on Chris's wall with my phone

tightlines.............daz

·
Registered
606 Posts
Defo a Guilthead saw the pictures of the one at Rossall (sea cadets !!!!) seen em caught in the Straits at Sea Zoo to small hooks baited with squid.There is quite a current runs through at Sea zoo and at rossall and dont think there out of place at rossall as much as they are at glitter ball.Cant wait to see piccies and hear of a few more caught before i cet giddy and go to catch one...Ps looked in my diary and it was the end of August last year when i seen em get caught in Wales M.m.m.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I went over today to fish the Day tide (I was going anyway. honest! LOL) and the chap was there again with his friend fishing the slade with a few others at the steps.
I just got a flounder and he did and didn't see anything else caught. Fished 2 rods one close in and one at distance with black as bait - as he had used last night. Oh & just 1 peeler that Andy got me whilst he was down that way.
Either they've moved off, won't be back till the night tide, or if still there (assuming from what he said that he missed a bigger one & had other bites) then we were just unlucky today.
He is fishing again tonight but doubt I will at that time. So good luck to anyone else having a go assuming there weren't just the 2 of them passing by last night.

Phil :icecream:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
This time next year..............TRIGGER FISH/SUNFISH..............
The way things are going you never know!

Maybe the turtles will find their way this far north soon, so beef up your snoods!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
big sunfish off workington a month back, up on the surface lounging about, seen by a windfarm support boat early morning.
sunfish been of workington way for the last 7 years thats when l seen my 1st one and 11 year ago there was 2 black bream landed on a small boat fishing close in at bankend farm.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Spent a week on Chesil Beach three weeks ago to catch Black Bream, think next year I will stop at home and save my money and just go on the Gynn wall or Glitterball the way these unexpected catches are turning up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts