World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hopefully off Culver tomorrow for the above mentioned,was going to use one up one down any recomendations re hook size,ive been missing more than my fair share of bites over the years,are those little baby squid as good as they say and was toying with the idea of a fivers worth of Ragworm - any suggestions gratefully accepted

·
Registered
464 Posts
Try 2up, one down if you have the bait. Put some beads on the hook lengths. Small Carp size hooks. Try cuttle instead of squid. It stays on the hook better as its tougher. Cut into small strips about 3/4 inch long. When you get bites that you miss. Leave it there. They often hit-n-run. Then come back.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys
I will try the two up,one down,any advice on snood length/breaking strain?I will try and get hold of some Cuttle

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Thanks guys
I will try the two up,one down,any advice on snood length/breaking strain?I will try and get hold of some Cuttle
I would recommend barbed carp hooks (don't buy barbless by mistake) or trout fly hooks size 6, 8 or even 10. 15lb hook length, not too long. Have the bottom hook about a foot off the bottom, top hook adjustable and move it up as the tide slackens. A killer bait is half or quarter of a squid head with all the gungy bits dripping. Use a rotton bottom to avoid losing the lot. Good luck!

G

·
Those mini muppets are lethal for bream and tipping them with squid works well.
I know one of the England boat team uses a rig like this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts