World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what can i say.....what an experience!

On the 5th (yes a late report) we headed down to Poole for a days black bream fishing on carp rods and reels, real light gear.
Got down to poole early, hoping to get some food, and McDonalds was closed, D'oh!

Ended up setting off just after 8. Started fishing around 9, and we were all soon into fish, some cracking bream coming up, and also a few doggies! Bait being used was 1 1/2 inch of rag, head tipped, with some baby squid attached. Ive never seen these baby squid before, but they were quality stuff!

As this was a first for me, I was anxious to get into some fish, and thankfully they didnt dissappoint! After about 15 minutes i hooked into a bream of a bout a pound and a half, what a fight they give you! I was so chuffed! A new fish for my species list!

My old man then hooked a baby smoothie, which is the first ive ever seen myself! Another angler Mark, then hooked into what we beleive would have been a big ray/skate, as it picked up his bait, decided it wasnt going to stop, and took it with him! Shame he didnt have some heavier tackle on to give it a good fight!

This continued throughout the day, lots of bream and doggies being caught! All female bream caught were returned alive to spawn and fight another day, and once we had enough for 2-3 each, we put the rest back!

I then managed to hook into a baby smoothie, so i was doubley chuffed, as that was a 2nd new species for me for the day, shortly by Tony (the organiser) hooking into a much better smoothie, it wasnt massive, but better than what we had seen all day!

The down side..........i threw up so much my bile and stomach lining was coming up :( but, the fishing was still brilliant!

Skipper was 'Mervyn' from 'Our Gemma' and if you can get hold of him, i would recommend him to anyone, superb skipper, even making us tea :D

All in all, a superb day, and i cant wait to try it again!

C

·
0 Posts
Great report and if you still managed to enjoy the fishing despite the heaving you have it cracked:clap3:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next time however, i am going to take some sea sickness tablets, as it was fecking horrible being that ill all over again, but the fishing was superb :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Swindonangler I know there is a posting on sea sickness further down but stugeron works for me. Believe me I know I have fishing mates ralph& huey & boy do I suffer but I if I take stugeron about hour before getting on the boat then one as i get on the boat I am fine all day.
If you take two together then you can become drowsey so do seperate them

hope this helps.

ps I be fishing Poole in the 4 man team event on 08/06/07 &looking forward to it to.

all the best

charlie....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you head back along the way you drove in (on foot this time) there is a 'piece of sculpture' beside the road, turn right just after this and on the right is a 'real good Caff'' about three or four shops down. Full English is grand. Hope this helps against the Mal de mare next time! Cheers, Tony O-P.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts